Windows Vista Home Basic to Home Premium

8 replies
Found 19th Jul 2009
Looking to upgrade my basic to premium on vista. Is this just a straight upgrade or would I lose all my folders etc?
Any help much appreciated and will be repped!

8 Comments

I think you should be able to just install it over the top but windows is funny (in a not funny way) so use the windows easy transfer wizard to back everything up including your settings to a removable disk or different physical hard drive.

it'd be really nice of microsoft if you could just type in the new license key and it'd download and upgrade the few bits that are different, but what you think they're in the habit of making stuff user friendly????

Original Poster

bruffterman;5788742

I think you should be able to just install it over the top but windows is … I think you should be able to just install it over the top but windows is funny (in a not funny way) so use the windows easy transfer wizard to back everything up including your settings to a removable disk or different physical hard drive.it'd be really nice of microsoft if you could just type in the new license key and it'd download and upgrade the few bits that are different, but what you think they're in the habit of making stuff user friendly????

thanks mate how do you get windows easy transfer, does it come with the upgrade?

Original Poster

repped also!

Banned

rossg91;5788748

thanks mate how do you get windows easy transfer, does it come with the … thanks mate how do you get windows easy transfer, does it come with the upgrade?

thats just what windows does when it first starts up you can transfer old files and settings from elsewhere when you connect up to pc

it should already be on your computer, just type it into the search/run bar.

It shouldn't be necessary but it doesn't hurt to be careful

Yeha i think it just unlocks the extra bits , just type in UPGRADE into the start bar and anytime upgrade will come up

Banned

have you bought the upgrade yet?

if not, then better to get win7 for £43 after quidco

csiman;5789531

have you bought the upgrade yet?if not, then better to get win7 for £43 … have you bought the upgrade yet?if not, then better to get win7 for £43 after quidco

Fully agree with that :thumbsup:

Or, +1 as they normally do on here!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Android pay set up611
    2. Whey protien637
    3. CEX grading33
    4. Switch from BT to BT same property different person633

See more discussions