Groups
    EXPIRED

Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit OEM

Hi

Im looking to buy an OEM 64bit version of windows vista home premium. Does anybody know where the cheapest place to get this is at the moment with delivery included.

Thanks

7 Comments

Original Poster

*bump*

aint both versions on the one disc ? thats what i read before

or is that only with the retrail version?

it's the retail that has both

please bear in mind that the OEM license is more strict, and that if you replace the motherboard, vista will require you to buy a new license

apparently, you can phone microsoft and tell them that the old motherboard became faulty and they will give you a new activation key, but they could change that policy at any time

scan is pretty cheap, try there first (although it's £7 or £8 delivery!, but collection from the bolton store is available)

failing that, ebuyer i guess

you sure you want to go for the 64 and not the 32, diver support for the 64 bit is a bit thin on the ground at the mo:thinking:

Original Poster

fox2020

you sure you want to go for the 64 and not the 32, diver support for the … you sure you want to go for the 64 and not the 32, diver support for the 64 bit is a bit thin on the ground at the mo:thinking:

Yes I know what you mean, I was actually thinking of going for the 32 bit version, but driver support for 64 bit is getting better and in the long run I think I'm better off going for the 64 bit for performance.

Original Poster

Reaps

it's the retail that has bothplease bear in mind that the OEM license is … it's the retail that has bothplease bear in mind that the OEM license is more strict, and that if you replace the motherboard, vista will require you to buy a new licenseapparently, you can phone microsoft and tell them that the old motherboard became faulty and they will give you a new activation key, but they could change that policy at any timescan is pretty cheap, try there first (although it's £7 or £8 delivery!, but collection from the bolton store is available)failing that, ebuyer i guess

Think ebuyer is the cheapest anyway, £68.15 delivered. thanks :thumbsup:

The retail version ONLY comes with the 32-bit edition. To get the 64-bit version on retail, you have to read a leaflet that comes with vista that tells you how to get it. it's about £17 extra i heard (for delivery, supposedly).
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Biscuit addiction713
      2. Teenage son new phone (1250 budget)1626
      3. Ditched Sky911
      4. sky q is it a good deal?68

See more discussions