Expired

Windows vista to windows 10?

Found 8th Oct 2017
Hi im resetting a laptop for someone and it has windows vista on can i put windows 10 on it legit?

Thanks

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
23 Comments

If the CPU and RAM is compatible should be fine. However vista has no free upgrade to windows 10 so you would need a key or run it unactivated

Should still be able to upgrade via the assisted route link below have done this for a few of my machines

microsoft.com/en-…ade?tduid=(14c348e893a91089cb2980533c6ee123)(256380)(2459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-0FBZfNm6YPFXNhiu3o52rA)()

Has to be an upgrade not a clean install

Actually the upgrade is for windows 7 or 8 i believe

Original Poster

Thanks the laptop is intel celeron m430 1.7ghz and 1024 ram

Original Poster

Can i get a 7 or 8 key then get windows 10 update that way thanks

Yes you can have done it that way myself as long as it meets the minimum specs of win ten

kevlfc18 m ago

Can i get a 7 or 8 key then get windows 10 update that way thanks

Microsoft discontinued sales years ago, so only from potentially troublesome sources. You're best off going for Windows 10 directly if it's compatible

Although it's not worthwhile with such an antique. It wouldn't surprise me if it had been upgraded to Vista at some point, that processor was released prior.

Even if your someone else wanted to try I doubt there'd be drivers available.

Personally I think you'd be wasting your time with those specs.

emodan5 h, 2 m ago

If the CPU and RAM is compatible should be fine. However vista has no free …If the CPU and RAM is compatible should be fine. However vista has no free upgrade to windows 10 so you would need a key or run it unactivated

Can I upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 on my old laptop please?

Original Poster

Thanks for replys

You got no chance putting Win10 on that laptop with that spec's. I just had a Toshiba Satellite L30-113 15.4-inch laptop with a Celeron M430 1.73GHz only last month. I had to completely take it apart to upgrade the CPU to a Intel Core Duo T2450 (less than £4). Best I could do was 32-bit Win7 Pro, 32-bit Win10 was unusable.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 9th Oct 2017

Original Poster

Thanks im just gonna update till the last update if it

You still got 27 months left until they stop support of Win7.

Original Poster

Im haveing a load of problems updateing since i reset vista will my specs with win 8 be ok? if i buy a ebay key
Edited by: "kevlfc" 9th Oct 2017

Original Poster

bynouk23 h, 33 m ago

Personally I think you'd be wasting your time with those specs.

Will windows 8 be on my specs?

Original Poster

RiverDragon818 h, 11 m ago

You got no chance putting Win10 on that laptop with that spec's. I just …You got no chance putting Win10 on that laptop with that spec's. I just had a Toshiba Satellite L30-113 15.4-inch laptop with a Celeron M430 1.73GHz only last month. I had to completely take it apart to upgrade the CPU to a Intel Core Duo T2450 (less than £4). Best I could do was 32-bit Win7 Pro, 32-bit Win10 was unusable.

Will windows 8 be ok on my spec's?

No, it can barely run vista. What laptop do you have? If you can't upgrade the CPU then it's no point installing anything else.

I wouldn't even entertain a phone with 1GB of RAM, never mind a laptop. It's probably (and most likely) as good as it's going to get regarding Windows.
Edited by: "bynouk" 9th Oct 2017

Original Poster

E system 3213

Its not my laptop just reseting for some one

Original Poster

Thanks

What you normally do is go on youtube and type in ''name of laptop'' teardown. Then see if the CPU isn't solder on to the mobo. I can't even find that laptop on the internet. Unless it easy to locate (take the back off and it's under the heatsink), then I wouldn't bother.

bynouk39 m ago

I wouldn't even entertain a phone with 1GB of RAM, never mind a laptop. …I wouldn't even entertain a phone with 1GB of RAM, never mind a laptop. It's probably (and most likely) as good as it's going to get regarding Windows.

If you can upgrade the CPU then you would upgrade the RAM to 2x1GB DDR2 RAM (£2-3), then that laptop has the possibility of living for another 27 months with Win7.

Original Poster

Thanks alot for
Your help
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions