Groups

windows vista upgrade for hp laptop - will it work on a dell

as above i have 2 discs one is the upgrade disc for my hp laptop and ive just for a dell with vista basic - any help appreciated

5 Comments

I am sorry but I dont understand you question.

lmao...

HI, you need help the update of laptop on a vista? so do vista state version going operating system past.

Original Poster

sorry i had a hp laptop and never got round to upgrading to vista premium from xp

however i now have a dell with windows vista and i want to upgrade if possible - i have a hp upgrade utility disc and a home premium express upgrade disc - can i just use the microsoft one to upgrade it says on the packaging it has to be a hp product just wondering if this is just talk to stop you using the hp upgrade on other laptops

usually the oem supplied disks have a checksum that compares something (?) on the pc hardware to something on the disc (ie it can detect if it is being run on the same 'brand' machine), that is how my hp and Dell disks hav both worked anyway...

Original Poster

sorted now cheers
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1118
      3. Sad news about Barcelona26113
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764188

See more discussions