Found 8th Jun 2007
anyone know where i can get a genuine copy of windows xp? mines is badly packing up full of viruses and firefox keeps closing itself!!

1. Ask
  2. Windows
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Windows
11 Comments

Banned

ebay auctions (ensure it comes with certificate of authenticy (COA)).

If Viruses are giving you hassle why not give ]Ubuntu a go, Viruses are not a problem for Linux and so long as you don't play cutting edge games it will do pretty much anything you can do in Windows.

If you don't fancy eBay then you can still get WindowsXP at eBuyer: ]http//ww…048, XP Home OEM £54.51, and don't forget Google checkout.

E buyer or aria with a £10 discount through google

feda16

anyone know where i can get a genuine copy of windows xp? mines is badly … anyone know where i can get a genuine copy of windows xp? mines is badly packing up full of viruses and firefox keeps closing itself!!

surely you can rid it of the viruses...have you tried running one of the free anti virus progs..try avast cos that will do a full virus check on restart after you load the software....also run adaware,,,if you want links for the downloads go to ]downloads.com

currychops

surely you can rid it of the viruses...have you tried running one of the … surely you can rid it of the viruses...have you tried running one of the free anti virus progs..try avast cos that will do a full virus check on restart after you load the software....also run adaware,,,if you want links for the downloads go to ]www.downloads.com

If it's a really bad infestation then a full format / re-install is advisable imho. AV programs are much better at stopping you getting Viruses than removing ones already there.

Have you got a serial number on your computer? If it does just download an image and use your serial?

Original Poster

thanks for all the replys guys gonna try a few anti-virus programs!

does your pc have a COA on the side
if so download a copy off the net or pm me and i will send you a copy in the post

Do what every one else does and blag a copy off of one of your mates!!! ;-)

even better than doing anything illegal, if your a uni student go to your computer faculty and have a word with them to sign you up to the microsoft student services you can get alot of LEGAL products for free downloads with s/number or pay £10 for one sent to your home.

I remember computer viruses and spyware, that was quite a long time ago.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/linux_user_at_best_buy.png

:w00t:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA21126
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769544
    3. Exploding Paw Patrol foam soap Leaves child in ICU11
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3065

See more discussions