Expired

Windows XP Home

Found 14th Nov 2006
Hi There

I'm looking to build a PC for my brother this Xmas and im looking for a good deal on Windows XP Home (OEM preferable). The cheapest I can find is Amazon.co.uk for £60.99. Can anyone beat that? I've checked HMV given the great discounts there but all their copies of XP Home are well over £100.

Del

1. Ask
  2. Windows
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Windows
9 Comments

]http//ww…268

You get a coupon to upgrade to vista as well

Original Poster

Thanks Mike - this also works out at £60.99 inc Delivery though.

Any other offers out there that would potentially make use of a few vouchers. I know i'm scrimping a bit but the more I can save on little components, the more money I'll have left for mince pies and xmas sherry :P

Del

I've got a windows 95 CD I don't want anymore ;-)

I know i'm scrimping a bit but the more I can save on little components, … I know i'm scrimping a bit but the more I can save on little components, the more money I'll have left for mince pies and xmas sherry :P

Maybe you can try ]Fedora Core 6? Nice and free system. You could buy a LOT of mince pies then

He's fat enough!!

You should be buying the most expensive XP, like XP Pro, so there is less pie money ;-)

Original Poster

ChrisUK

He's fat enough!!You should be buying the most expensive XP, like XP Pro, … He's fat enough!!You should be buying the most expensive XP, like XP Pro, so there is less pie money ;-)

I'm allowed 'treats' !!!! ;-)

Seriously tho - thanks for the replies - I'm also going to try and check out the licencing direct from microsoft tonight - apparently I can apply for up to 3 extra licences on the same copy of windows xp from them. Not sure how much Mr.Gates will charge me for the priveledge though - we'll see.

Del

You may qualify for a FREE additional license.

See here

microsoft.com/pro…al/

This exclusion clause excludes most people on that one though doesnt it.

"You do not qualify for an additional license if your version of Windows XP was pre-loaded on your computer when you purchased it from a retailer. However, you can still order an additional copy of Windows XP. To do so, simply close this window and return to the Product Information Center."

Scan have it for £57.58 excluding delivery, there was that thread a few days ago to register for free delivery from Scan for life.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Where are the car tyre deals?44
    2. Virgin broadband/phone22
    3. Looking for recommendations for best value for money plastic storage boxes.…77
    4. Writing a Book - Where to Start?78

See more discussions