Expired

Windows XP Home Edition

7 replies
Found 18th Jun 2007
Ive been looking for a while now but cant seem to find anywhere that does this for under £100. Can someone point me in the right direction.

1. Ask
  2. Windows
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Windows
8 Comments

OEM version £52.88 ]http//ww…048

Banned

Try Ubuntu. Does all that Xp does and its free!

csiman

Try Ubuntu. Does all that Xp does and its free!

he's right you know...but even on minimum wage by the time you have set it up you could have earned the money to buy xp

Original Poster

Thanks for your help
is it worth buying the full version of xp rather than the oem

Ad arm

he's right you know...but even on minimum wage by the time you have set … he's right you know...but even on minimum wage by the time you have set it up you could have earned the money to buy xp

LOL, not really. It's much quicker to set up unless you're unlucky enough to be in the small minority with hardware not 100% supported off the disk.

Also the latest version is competition for Vista not XP, it has XP's speed and better than Vista looks via ]Beryl.

Even if, like you had, there were issues you still can't moan for 100% free software: ]http//ww…om/ particularly when you take in to account how much more secure it is, and the fact you don't have to worry about viruses etc.

Oh and as it's a live CD and the download is free you can try it without effecting your current system setup at all and with no headache about feeling like you should use it having paid for it.

ryancs

Thanks for your helpis it worth buying the full version of xp rather than … Thanks for your helpis it worth buying the full version of xp rather than the oem

There's no real difference other than the packaging. However, technically you should only buy the OEM with hardware, but even if you brought some extra memory it still comes out cheaper than the retail version.

Original Poster

Well i would love to have the ubuntu software but as this is a family pc i dont want it too be confusing for other users. Still might give it a go on my laptop though. Anyway is ebuyer the cheapest place for the XP OEM?

ryancs

Well i would love to have the ubuntu software but as this is a family pc … Well i would love to have the ubuntu software but as this is a family pc i dont want it too be confusing for other users. Still might give it a go on my laptop though. Anyway is ebuyer the cheapest place for the XP OEM?

My Mum and Dad use it no problem, if they can then anyone can :giggle:.

eBuyer's the cheapest I've found, doesn't mean it's the cheapest out there though.

Original Poster

Im gonna stick with XP for now:p
Looks like im gonna have to get it through ebuyer then which is good as i can buy all the bits for my new build together:-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Cannot upgrade to iOS 11.0.345
    2. Black Xbox One or Xbox One S44
    3. Hi all does anyone have an idea for n what a good price for a sun room / ex…11
    4. Consumer Rights - Wrong Description of Fridge22

See more discussions