Groups

Windows XP SP3

For those that don't know, the beta RC is now out. Get it here :

Link in next post ;-)

23 Comments

Original Poster

]LINK!

Oh and use a download manager as its over 300mb :thumbsup:

downloaded it this morning....dont know what all it contains but had no problems with it yet

Original Poster

zeus9876;1410278

downloaded it this morning....dont know what all it contains but had no … downloaded it this morning....dont know what all it contains but had no problems with it yet

Please tell me it doesn't force you to install IE7.... :lol:

I only found it by accident. I deleted my MS Update link the other week (as I never use it) and decided today that I wanted to see if there was anything worth adding. SP's are normally more stable than all the random patches MS try to get you to install in my experience:whistling:

I have it in updates.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/B0XS/WindowsXPServicePack3.jpg

Cant tell you if it forces IE7 or not as i already had IE7 installed

Shengis;1410312

Please tell me it doesn't force you to install IE7.... :lol:I only found … Please tell me it doesn't force you to install IE7.... :lol:I only found it by accident. I deleted my MS Update link the other week (as I never use it) and decided today that I wanted to see if there was anything worth adding. SP's are normally more stable than all the random patches MS try to get you to install in my experience:whistling:

Only out of interest Shengis, why don't you get on with IE7 ??

regards

I don't like ie7 either.

i've just ran windows update but its not listed??

i've just ran windows update but its not listed??

You have to be a BETA tester.

??? i've ticked the selection box which says i want beta products to be displayed. Is this what you mean or do I have to do something else?

Out of interest what is SP3 supposed to do?? seems a bit strange to bring out another service pack when they are pushing vista so much??

Original Poster

hottoshop;1410357

Only out of interest Shengis, why don't you get on with IE7 ??regards

I just prefer the familiarity of IE6. Up till IE7 it hasn't changed that much over the years re look and feel. I still remember using IE3 back in the mid 90's:whistling: IE7 just seems a bit clumsy to me, if I want tabs etc I use FF. Oh and the links bar isn't where I want it to be in IE7. It's silly little niggles basically.

BritBrat, the link I provided is for the FULL install. Usefull if you have more than 1 PC as you only have to download it once, chuck it on a disk and pop it in each machine (or do it via the network):thumbsup:

Shengis;1410450

I just prefer the familiarity of IE6. Up till IE7 it hasn't changed that … I just prefer the familiarity of IE6. Up till IE7 it hasn't changed that much over the years re look and feel. I still remember using IE3 back in the mid 90's:whistling: IE7 just seems a bit clumsy to me, if I want tabs etc I use FF. Oh and the links bar isn't where I want it to be in IE7. It's silly little niggles basically.BritBrat, the link I provided is for the FULL install. Usefull if you have more than 1 PC as you only have to download it once, chuck it on a disk and pop it in each machine (or do it via the network):thumbsup:

Ah ok ! Thought it might be a little deeper than that and was interested.
    I didn't like it at first but I wouldn't go back now.

Horses for courses..........................:)

Regards.

I tried it and got my first BSOD. I'll wait for the final.

Anyone tried to do a slipstream with SP3? and how did you get on?

Cheers

hi guys, not exactly same subject I know but since u are discussing XP and sp's maybe someone could advise?....

I have a relatively new machine with Windows Media Centre Editon but I want to put the Windows XP Pro from my (now defunct laptop )on instead. My problem is that altho the Windows XP Pro is a fully legal licensed one and I have the key...I loaned someone my disc a while ago and didnt get it back..now they say they cant find it :x

Is there any way Microsoft would give me a new disc do u think? I am sure I still have my receipt somewhere.

Thanks

LL

Original Poster

aliaspeter;1410796

Anyone tried to do a slipstream with SP3? and how did you get on?Cheers

There you go : ]Slipstream Instructions.

Might try it myself when I get a spare hour, seeing as my laptop could do with a fresh install anyway.

Banned

Shengis;1411067

There you go : ]Slipstream Instructions.Might try it myself when I get a … There you go : ]Slipstream Instructions.Might try it myself when I get a spare hour, seeing as my laptop could do with a fresh install anyway.

if you've still got the original i386 folder in C:\Windows\i386 or C:\i386 use that instead of the CD.

BritBrat, the link I provided is for the FULL install. Usefull if you … BritBrat, the link I provided is for the FULL install. Usefull if you have more than 1 PC as you only have to download it once, chuck it on a disk and pop it in each machine (or do it via the network)

I also have the full install, had it a few weeks now.

I think there is also a VISTA update SP1.

Original Poster

BritBrat;1413819

I also have the full install, had it a few weeks now. :)I think there is … I also have the full install, had it a few weeks now. :)I think there is also a VISTA update SP1.

Vista SP1Standalone : ]Here.

And no doubt it'll still be kak :lol:

Shengis;1411067

There you go : ]Slipstream Instructions.Might try it myself when I get a … There you go : ]Slipstream Instructions.Might try it myself when I get a spare hour, seeing as my laptop could do with a fresh install anyway.

I know how one does it but has anyone tried it? And how did they get on, any problems?

Cheers

Banned

aliaspeter;1414577

I know how one does it but has anyone tried it? And how did they get on, … I know how one does it but has anyone tried it? And how did they get on, any problems?Cheers

No problems worked beautifully, had to install OS on a 500GB drive using SP2 version of XP, then I had to phone Microsoft to tell them my motherboard had blown up as I have an OEM version.

Been evaluating SP3 at work on a test machine...

First impressions were OK, have had a few weird errors when using USB devices on this particular machine but time will tell.

No drastic problems anyway.

Banned

Been using sp3 for a while with no problems.

This tool is good for making xp slipstreams
    nliteos.com/
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767402
      2. Underrated/unappreciated movies.2840
      3. word association Game74044553
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would28109

See more discussions