Groups

Windows xp sp3

taken from neowin.net
    neowin.net/new…tes

Timeline for release of xp sp3.

* April 14, 2008: Support is available for the release version of Service Pack 3 for Windows XP
    * April 21, 2008: Original Equipment Manufacturers, Volume License, Connect, and MSDN and TechNet subscribers
    * April 29, 2008: Microsoft Update, Windows Update, Download Center
    * June 10, 2008: Automatic Updates

microsoft.com/dow…=en

19 Comments

Banned

there may be trouble ahead for all xp users

April 29th available for everyone? Cool, same date as the new Fedora 9 comes out

Banned

kemot1984;1900602

April 29th available for everyone? Cool, same date as the new Fedora 9 … April 29th available for everyone? Cool, same date as the new Fedora 9 comes out

whats fedora mate

danby jason;1900655

whats fedora mate

poor mans windows.:p

danby jason;1900655

whats fedora mate

It's a Linux distro (fedoraproject.org/)

deathtrap3000;1900691

that's not even funny...

Have been using XP Service pack v 3.264 for the last 2 months and it has worked without any problems as this was the final beta (as far as i know there was no other release) the finished software should be ok

Banned

deathtrap3000;1900691

dont do widoss im macman:-D:p

Banned

that funny

Good idea posting this. Microsoft have put the timetable back loads. You have sift through the Vista propaganda on their support site to find the XP stuff so good to bring some clarity. A lot of the press has been about Service Pack 1 for Vista but still many favouring XP (including me).

hopefully at 6pm UK time.

kemot1984;1993095

hopefully at 6pm UK time.

Yes, I think you are right. They are about 8 hours behind GMT. ( I think)

PaulPoole;1993156

Yes, I think you are right. They are about 8 hours behind GMT. ( I think)

Well, MS usually releases stuff at 10am Pacific Time, which would be 6pm here.

ummm. Maybe , now we are on BST it will be 7 pm here.
    We'll know in an hour :-)

Just published on a MS forum:

[LEFT]In the last few days, we have uncovered a compatibility issue between Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) and both Windows XP SP3 and Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1). In order to make sure customers have the best possible experience, we have decided to delay releasing Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) to the web.
    [/LEFT]
    [LEFT]To help protect customers, we plan to put filtering in place shortly to prevent Windows Update from offering both service packs to systems running Microsoft Dynamics RMS. Once filtering is in place, we expect to release Windows XP SP3 to the web. [/LEFT]

[LEFT]We are also testing a fix, and will make it available once that process is complete. Once they have installed the fix, Microsoft Dynamics RMS customers should be able to run both service packs.
    [/LEFT]
    [LEFT]Until then, we advise Microsoft Dynamics RMS customers to not install either service pack. Microsoft Dynamics RMS customers running Windows XP SP3 or Windows Vista SP1 should contact Microsoft Customer Support Services for additional information. [/LEFT]

kemot1984;1900602

April 29th available for everyone? Cool, same date as the new Fedora 9 … April 29th available for everyone? Cool, same date as the new Fedora 9 comes out

Yes the orginial date April 1 has elasped

J.Dance;1993562

Yes the orginial date April 1 has elasped

yeah, it says Fedora available in 14 days now

That is p**s poor, in my opinion. For a company the size of Microsoft to only
    announce this now shows incompetence by someone.

ok, the release has been officially called off due to an incompatibility problem. MS is going to release more info on a new release day within the next few hours, apparently.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …285998
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523461
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416814130
      4. What is there free to do in your town?611

See more discussions