Windscreen chip

So im driving home today and i got a stone chip my windscreen.
The chip hasn't gone through the glass and its kind of just chipped a tiny tiny tiny bit of glass away from the windscreen and left a white mark. Its abit smaller then a match stick head.

Im only third party,I've rang up autoglass and they have said it will cost around £70 to repair it.

Is it worth me rushing round and panicking about it.

12 Comments

Get it fixed now, or get your whole windscreen fixed later.

Your choice !

You could risk leaving it,wait and see if it gets bigger. If it does get the autoglass to fix it.

I had a chip fixed last year - it still failed the MOT because it was within the wiper range.

Predikuesi

I had a chip fixed last year - it still failed the MOT because it was … I had a chip fixed last year - it still failed the MOT because it was within the wiper range.

I will vouch for that!
Autoglass can often fill a crack and only takes a couple of minutes. In some instances they can come to you.

I had a chip a while ago and with my insurance they repaired free of charge and to replace was £70.

I got it repaired (free) but the guy said it would probs fail its MOT but as I had just had a MOT thought better off waiting until closer to the time than pay £70 and get another chip and have to pay £70 again!

Banned

Autoglass repair
Autoglass replaceeeee

vibeone

Autoglass repairAutoglass replaceeeee

+1

Yes get ot done as it will fail MOT plus as the freezing weather sets in you are asking for trouble leaving it.

If you go with Auto glass it should be covered on your insurance and they will come to your home or work BUT BUT BUT watch them like a hawk cos when I had mine done last year the little viper nicked my tax disc with 9 months left on it!!!!!!!

if your not covered on your insurance as your only 3rd party would it be cheaper to upgrade to fully comp than pay the £70 to auto glass may be worth ringing your insurance for a comprehens[i]hi please could you leave me feedback many thanks greatly appreciated feedback as been set for you and will be automactically left for you once feedback received under my seller settings.
many thanks shamuse qoute if less than £70 upgrade then get it fixed free yes your paying for the full comp but as i say if less than the £70 your saving money plus you will have full comp

shamus1975

if your not covered on your insurance as your only 3rd party would it be … if your not covered on your insurance as your only 3rd party would it be cheaper to upgrade to fully comp than pay the £70 to auto glass may be worth ringing your insurance for a comprehens[i]hi please could you leave me feedback many thanks greatly appreciated feedback as been set for you and will be automactically left for you once feedback received under my seller settings.many thanks shamuse qoute if less than £70 upgrade then get it fixed free yes your paying for the full comp but as i say if less than the £70 your saving money plus you will have full comp

please could you leave feedback for me

If you aren't covered by your insurance you can get a repair kit from Halfords for £30 - contains enough to fix 5 chips.....reviews are mixed though

Halfords
Edited by: "gari189" 1st Nov 2010

get it done asap.

i had a chip but thought id leave it a week or two before i got it sorted - but the chip then turned into a crack and i had to get it all replaced
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What an absolute disgrace2148
    2. Cheapo tips for around the home. Aka "life hacks"2030
    3. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2447
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763883

See more discussions