Groups

windscreen repair

Hi,

I need to repair a small crack/chip on the windscreen but didn't want to go to a place like autoglass as i know they are extortionate and probably claim of my insurance.

Does anybody know how i could about it and what i would need? cheers.

12 Comments

Are you fully comp? If so, Auotglass are free for repair

If you're fully comprehensive, autoglass is either free or £10 (depending on your insurer) for a repair, and it doesn't affect your no claims. If it's a replacement, then it costs about £75, again not affecting your no claims...

Banned

Gavin from Autoglass will do it. No hassle, not that expensive, its more to do with insurance.

Ignore the accent, its not his fault.

vibeone;8710193

Gavin from Autoglass will do it. No hassle, not that expensive, its more … Gavin from Autoglass will do it. No hassle, not that expensive, its more to do with insurance.Ignore the accent, its not his fault.

:w00t:

vibeone;8710193

Gavin from Autoglass will do it. No hassle, not that expensive, its more … Gavin from Autoglass will do it. No hassle, not that expensive, its more to do with insurance.Ignore the accent, its not his fault.

I take it that Black Country doesn't float your boat

Original Poster

bassman_uk;8710117

but the problem is that they will very likely claim a fee from the insurer, and i am sure it will affect the quote at renewal

If you have fully comp you need to ask your insurance company who will fix the windscreen you cant just take it anywhere, most places will come out to you as well

Sagor;8710889

but the problem is that they will very likely claim a fee from the … but the problem is that they will very likely claim a fee from the insurer, and i am sure it will affect the quote at renewal

it wont affect your renewal!!x

Sagor;8710889

but the problem is that they will very likely claim a fee from the … but the problem is that they will very likely claim a fee from the insurer, and i am sure it will affect the quote at renewal

It won't affect your renewal. It will probably go up right enough, but everything is these days, nothing to do with a windscreen repair!!!

Original Poster

ok thanks all. repped.

Banned

bassman_uk;8710599

I take it that Black Country doesn't float your boat

Actually I was born not far away in Shropshire, but luckily far enough away to have any slight remnants of the accent behind!

bassman_uk;8710117

^_----- This, or one of those chaps in a supermarket car park. All done the same, you give them your insurance details, and they do the business. Mine sent the cheque to me and I had to forward in on to the repairer, but that was the most hassle...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Help Feed a Homeless Animal for Free1608651
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047187
      3. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.918
      4. One thing you've forgotten79

See more discussions