Wing mirror kicked off - anyone know much about Corsa B mirrors?

Found 16th Oct 2011
Hi,

Last night some guy kicked my wing mirror off and now I have to pick up the pieces from it. Totally gutted about it.

Just wondering if any of you know much about the wing mirrors? The wires have been completely severed from the motor. I presume, the mirror is the way to actually get to the motor as there doesn't seem to be any other proper way of getting in as its all self-contained

I would like to try and fix it, it was electric and I liked that it was electric rather than simply buying a new one right from the off.

Helpful replies would be much appreciated.

img208.imageshack.us/img…jpg
img692.imageshack.us/img…jpg
Community Updates
MiscMirror
18 Comments
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7996/dscf1004f.jpg
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6486/dscf1006h.jpg
The mirror will have clips holding it in, you need to pop it out
Go to a breakers, ring first...some take them off but it might be a good idea to remove it yourself as you will know how it works.

Did u report it to the police, the reason is that we had a spate of this and they got a better idea when more people report it.
They sent someone around one night and collared a group of youngsters.Job done.
wendyak

Go to a breakers, ring first...some take them off but it might be a good … Go to a breakers, ring first...some take them off but it might be a good idea to remove it yourself as you will know how it works.Did u report it to the police, the reason is that we had a spate of this and they got a better idea when more people report it.They sent someone around one night and collared a group of youngsters.Job done.

so they fixed the things they had broken
wendyak

Go to a breakers, ring first...some take them off but it might be a good … Go to a breakers, ring first...some take them off but it might be a good idea to remove it yourself as you will know how it works.Did u report it to the police, the reason is that we had a spate of this and they got a better idea when more people report it.They sent someone around one night and collared a group of youngsters.Job done.

I just sent an e-mail with all the information. The ironic thing is the police station is 30 seconds from me, do you recommend I go to the police station myself and report it?
wendyak

This was happening a lot in my area a while back. But all the police did was give a crime reference number.
local scrapyard should have some if you can't repair it - guess about £25 ?

it's hard to tell if the two plastic raised sections to lhs of the metal pins which have a sort of hinge have been broken - looks like they have snapped ?
J9STL

it's hard to tell if the two plastic raised sections to lhs of the metal … it's hard to tell if the two plastic raised sections to lhs of the metal pins which have a sort of hinge have been broken - looks like they have snapped ?

yeah they have snapped. Don't know what they are for though?
You only have to ring them, if it happened at your home it might be that others have suffered too, no it won't fix the mirror but it might help the problem as they don't always stop at mirrors.
p.s. I own a garage and these thugs give me loads of work but I would do anything to get if stopped and it has in my area.Don't give in to them.
Yes they have snapped and it will not stay on without all four lugs
Edited by: "wendyak" 16th Oct 2011
ebay # 170431958821 for replacement one
J9STL

ebay # 170431958821 for replacement one

Hi, thanks but there is a cheaper one which I did look at and seemingly i'll need to get now it seems.
Only advice I can give is always to fold your mirror in when leaving the car. If someone is out just to kick mirrors in general and its not a personal thing, they will then be more likely to kick another car rather than yours.

If you find out who is doing it feel free to name and shame.
I think you need to give the keyboard a bloody dusting!
WoolyM

Only advice I can give is always to fold your mirror in when leaving the … Only advice I can give is always to fold your mirror in when leaving the car. If someone is out just to kick mirrors in general and its not a personal thing, they will then be more likely to kick another car rather than yours. If you find out who is doing it feel free to name and shame.

Mine don't fold in.
Edited by: "shadowdogg" 16th Oct 2011
What a pain in the rear end. Somebody nicked the badges off my Clio on the passenger side, I still haven't got around to replacing them.

OP maybe because you live so close to the Police station they might have CCTV?
LoveHearts

What a pain in the rear end. Somebody nicked the badges off my Clio on … What a pain in the rear end. Somebody nicked the badges off my Clio on the passenger side, I still haven't got around to replacing them.OP maybe because you live so close to the Police station they might have CCTV?

Nah, they don't have any where I am. The ironic thing is about 7 months ago I sent e-mails to Nottingham city council to put CCTV in my area and replied again moaning about why are they wasting money on putting new lights up when the original ones are more than adequate and now this happens.

I guess all I can do now is make the person I was dealing with so guilty about it. Although, there may some CCTV footage down the road of him as I am sure sure I got the timings quite well. Good job on making me think about that
Edited by: "shadowdogg" 16th Oct 2011
Happened to me a few years ago, group of about 5 lads ran down the street and kicked off every cars mirrors, cost me 30 quid to fix. ********
Try a car parts shop online or a local one, Citroen dealer quoted me £65 for the same part.

Edited by moderator: "Don`t bypass swear filter" 16th Oct 2011
deleted265520
The second day after I passed my diving test I had my wing mirror punched off. All the cables were severed and the clips snapped.Bloody yobs - I quickly removed the P plates I had as it must have made my car an easy target for some braindead individual.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants