Winter Sun in November

Posted 8th Oct
I'm looking to go away for my 40th in the last week of November. It would be myself, partner and 2 children (aged 1 and 2 respectively). Initially looked into going to Dubai or Thailand (always wanted to go), but the flight time is just going to be too long with the little ones.

I've narrowed it down to Cape Verde (6 hour flight from London), but really struggling to find a holiday in my budget. Don't want to spend more than £2k and it's for 1 week. I've tried all the usual suspects, travelrepublic, latedeals, TUI, Holiday Pirates, but they are all coming in at around £2200, which is too much. Even looking at booking accommodation and flights seperately is no cheaper. Anyone have any other suggestions of where to look?
Community Updates
Ask
19 Comments
Are London airports best airport for you?
£1,697.64 Sol Dunas Resort in Cape Verde 24th Manchester
£1,415.54 28th Gatwick
Edited by: "ellenw" 8th Oct
ellenw08/10/2019 09:08

Are London airports best airport for you?£1,697.64 Sol Dunas Resort in …Are London airports best airport for you?£1,697.64 Sol Dunas Resort in Cape Verde 24th Manchester

I'm in Essex, so London airports make sense. If I was to travel to Manchester the night before and stay in a hotel (for example), then that's potentially another £300 for petrol, accommodation and parking for the week... so nudging the £2k mark

Oh and I have to be back before 1st December, that's the only other caveat...
Edited by: "mcscoobs" 8th Oct
mcscoobs08/10/2019 09:14

I'm in Essex, so London airports make sense. If I was to travel to …I'm in Essex, so London airports make sense. If I was to travel to Manchester the night before and stay in a hotel (for example), then that's potentially another £300 for petrol, accommodation and parking for the week... so nudging the £2k mark Oh and I have to be back before 1st December, that's the only other caveat...

£1,744.86 Riu Touareg Boa Vista / Departs: 09:25AM 22 Nov Gatwick
ellenw08/10/2019 09:20

£1,744.86 Riu Touareg Boa Vista / Departs: 09:25AM 22 Nov Gatwick

Where have you seen that?
Any of the Canaries from Stanstead or EMids with Jet2 (4 hour flight ) . For example lots of All Inclusive 7 day breaks in Lanzarote for £1200 - £2000 . Knock it down by £50 using code JET2SAVE50 . Plenty of sun at the end of November (just a fleece for the evenings) ..... better be we are going 24 Nov - 1 December .

I'd give Costa Teguise a miss on Lanzarote (it gets windy !) but Puerto del Carmen and Playa Blanca are lovely in November (been to both a few times in November and March ).
Edited by: "rogparki" 8th Oct
ellenw08/10/2019 09:34

https://www.latedeals.co.uk/search/results/performSearch?sg=2333156838#sr=&searchId=2333161856&pn=1&orderBy=price&orderByDir=ascCode LDEMAIL25 for £25 off

I have to pay for my 2 year old still, so that comes up at nearly £2500 unfortunately
mcscoobs08/10/2019 09:37

I have to pay for my 2 year old still, so that comes up at nearly £2500 …I have to pay for my 2 year old still, so that comes up at nearly £2500 unfortunately

Sorry my mistake
deleted90213908/10/2019 09:33

Any of the Canaries from Stanstead or EMids with Jet2 (4 hour flight ) . …Any of the Canaries from Stanstead or EMids with Jet2 (4 hour flight ) . For example lots of All Inclusive 7 day breaks in Lanzarote for £1200 - £2000 . Knock it down by £50 using code JET2SAVE50 . Plenty of sun at the end of November (just a fleece for the evenings) ..... better be we are going 24 Nov - 1 December .I'd give Costa Teguise a miss on Lanzarote (it gets windy !) but Puerto del Carmen and Playa Blanca are lovely in November (been to both a few times in November and March ).

I want shorts weather and t-shirt of an evening
mcscoobs08/10/2019 09:49

Will have to be Cape Verde or Egypt. Cape Verde is very windy though so take goggles for the sand blasting
mcscoobs08/10/2019 09:49

You won't get that in this hemisphere . Shorts and t shirt 8 am -7 pm is fine for me , fleece more of a precaution for the evenings (and me being a bit of a woos !) , Think the Cape Verde temps are fairly similar to the Canaries but haven't checked . Had a quick look at Cape Verdi a few years back but there didn't seem much outside the Hotels.
deleted90213908/10/2019 10:03

You won't get that in this hemisphere . Shorts and t shirt 8 am -7 pm is …You won't get that in this hemisphere . Shorts and t shirt 8 am -7 pm is fine for me , fleece more of a precaution for the evenings (and me being a bit of a woos !) , Think the Cape Verde temps are fairly similar to the Canaries but haven't checked . Had a quick look at Cape Verdi a few years back but there didn't seem much outside the Hotels.

Oh really? I thought Cape Verde was likely to be considerably warmer than the canaries? Maybe i'm misinformed...
mcscoobs08/10/2019 10:05

Oh really? I thought Cape Verde was likely to be considerably warmer than …Oh really? I thought Cape Verde was likely to be considerably warmer than the canaries? Maybe i'm misinformed...

Appears there is a bit of difference 23/18 (day/night averages) Canaries - 27/22 Cape Verde . Never been to Cape Verde so probably best if someone who has been to both gives you their opinion on the "feels like " temps and what there is to do there ..
mcscoobs08/10/2019 10:05

Oh really? I thought Cape Verde was likely to be considerably warmer than …Oh really? I thought Cape Verde was likely to be considerably warmer than the canaries? Maybe i'm misinformed...

Its about 5C average warmer so 22C-27C vs tenerife 17C-23C

Nothing whatsoever outside the hotels in cape verde and a lot of theft from tourist crime so I wouldnt recommend leaving the hotel anyway. Bear in mind you may not have enough time for the injections required for cape verde / egypt

Cape verde - Courses or boosters usually advised: Hepatitis A; Tetanus. Other vaccines to consider: Diphtheria; Hepatitis B; Typhoid

Egypt: hepatitis A, hepatitis B, typhoid, yellow fever, rabies, meningitis, polio, measles, mumps and rubella (MMR), Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis), chickenpox, shingles, pneumonia and influenza

Cyprus may be worth a look if you can leave it late and check out the forecast

current weather:-

38626417-mnV6b.jpg
Edited by: "chocci" 8th Oct
Ahhhh why is this so difficult
mcscoobs08/10/2019 10:32

Ahhhh why is this so difficult

canaries and a fleece is your best bet
How about £1,346.52 5* All inclusive La Palma and Teneguia Princess Vital and Fitness Fuencaliente, La Palma /21st Nov Gatwick
I've started looking at Abu Dhabi now...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants