Wire cut on hedge trimmer

Found 17th Sep 2017
Can anyone please let me know whether I can fix a wire which has been cut in several places on an electric hedge trimmer?

I cannot cut the wire and put a new plug where it has been cut as the lead would be less than 1 meter.

Thanks.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
9 Comments

Banned

its been cut because when being used the wire has got caught in the trimmer.

youll have to bin it because even with insulation tape its not safe

Put a plug on the 1 metre length and then use a single socket extension lead.32013005-Q3kej.jpg

You need one of these.....ebay.co.uk/itm…344?epid=1737107215&hash=item489ead79c8:g:M5MAAOSwjRpZSO-Z32013083-IQclF.jpg
When you fit it you must ensure the male plug (the one with the two pins) is fitted onto the cable from the hedge trimmer and the female socket fitted onto the cable with the plug. Do not fit if you are unsure - get someone who understands what they are doing.

These have basic weather proofing and more suited to outside use than a standard extension 3 pin plug socket.

Just replace the cable with another one. You can buy a replacement off ebay and just swap it over.

Original Poster

Thanks guys googled this and found this very useful video
which worked a treat.

Hi hi, I've cut mine about 6 times, it's a regular joke in the house :-) Last time I even rewired the thing so the naswer is yes.

I have replaced cables on many devices. I buy or cut the cables of old stuff to use. Mother in law has a 3m cable on her hair drier now as I replaced it. You sometimes find the cable is held with a screw and it's no different to wiring a plug expect it's not a plug. Sometimes they have crimp on connectors which can be bought cheap. Youtube will explain how these work. You got nothing to loose.
Edited by: "wayners" 17th Sep 2017

THIS-SITE-SUCKS4 h, 53 m ago

its been cut because when being used the wire has got caught in the …its been cut because when being used the wire has got caught in the trimmer.youll have to bin it because even with insulation tape its not safe

Brilliant. Are you an electrician?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions