Groups

Wireless 10mb broadband question...

Just wanted to know...I have a Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 wireless router and have just upgraded the broadband connection from 4mb to 10mb. When i was on 4mb i had no drop on connection at all. However once i have upgraded to 10mb i get drop in connection?!

Is it my router? Do i need to get another one?

Any advise will be appriciated.

Thanks.

6 Comments

Could be overheating, is it in a well ventilated spot?

What's the difference between a buffalo and a bison?

You can't wash your hands in a buffalo!!!

How long has it been since you were upgraded? It can be a bit flakey for a while as it settles down.

worto03;2748313

How long has it been since you were upgraded? It can be a bit flakey for … How long has it been since you were upgraded? It can be a bit flakey for a while as it settles down.

Sounds like he's got cable, that doesn't have the learning period ADSL has.

Original Poster

i have been on 10mb for a few months now...if i wire it up to the laptop its working fine no probs...hence i think its the router.
    Speed shows up as 11mbps but if i watch anything on BBCi it will drop. So frustrating!
    I am with Virgin Media and was happy with the 4mb connection! they gave me a free upgrade to 10mb.
    I rang them up to see if they can revert me back to 4mb?! was told no

had major issues with virgin recently, had engineer out and he says that the old cables cant cope with the 10mb demand so they are replacing all of the cables all over the country. In our area (Stourbridge, West Mids) they should have it all up and running by end of august. Could be this
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423114446
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767107
      3. Well Done Turkey, Education improvement1446
      4. Online order Packaging - Share your best or worst1830

See more discussions