Groups
    EXPIRED

Wireless ADSL modem/router for BT

Ok, getting a little sick of my BT home hub. Shouldn't moan too much as it only cost a tenner.

I am on BT broadband 8MB and need the router/modem to connect to 5 items:

iMac : Ethernet
    Mac mini : Wireless
    Vista Laptop : Wireless
    Xbox 360: Wireless
    Playstation 3: Wireless

Anyone know of any good deals on something suitable? needs to install easily on the iMac as this doesn't have wireless. Also need something that is easy to configure/open ports on. The biggest 'must' of all is that it has to perform well with the 360 over the wireless connection.

5 Comments

Original Poster

dcx_badass

You don't need drivers for ethernet so anything with ethernet will will … You don't need drivers for ethernet so anything with ethernet will will work with the iMac. I've never had a problem with my 2 linksys routers and their tech support is excellent.

Any particular model you recomend?

For me I'd go Zyxel every time for price and quality (2yrs warranty as standard): ]http//ww…521

megalomaniac

For me I'd go Zyxel every time for price and quality (2yrs warranty as … For me I'd go Zyxel every time for price and quality (2yrs warranty as standard): ]http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/109521

Agreed, fantastic router/modem and a free USB dongle included.. ;-)

dcx_badass

My linksys is 3 yr warrantee :D.

True they did that on some models, you have to be careful though as it varies model to model. You can check on their ]website for warranty information before you buy if you're interested in a Linksys.

Cheers guys, you've given me couple to think about :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Electricity68
      2. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…48
      3. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)59
      4. iPhone charging cable.917

See more discussions