Wireless atmos HDR passthrough soundbar?

Found 24th May 2017
I'm looking for a sound bar for the TV surround sound capable (not virtual), atmos if poss (granted it won't be true atmos). No room for an amp,and wife won't want wires trailing everywhere.

What I'm after is a sound bar, separate sub would be nice, but would like something that has separate wireless speakers - ideally battery powered, but there are plug sockets near.

Must have hdmi 2.0 / hdcp 2.2 compliant ports.

Budget, under £1k ideally.

The Philips Fidelio b5 looked perfect until I realised it's only hdmi 1.4 so no good for the Xbox (which will be my main device).
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
You need a home cinema. As for cables 2mm wire is plenty big enough for satellites. Q acoustics do a small speaker range but not so sure about atmos high speakers.
Well after a bit more reading this looks about as close as I can get

https://shop.samsung.com/uk/samsung-hw-k950-wireless-soundbar-surround-sound-black-hw-k950-xu-294031/?cid=uk_affiliate_webgains_122609_20170524&source=webgains_uk

However... It can't decode DTS?! On a £1300 sound bar.

Will keep looking.
kester76

You need a home cinema. As for cables 2mm wire is plenty big enough for … You need a home cinema. As for cables 2mm wire is plenty big enough for satellites. Q acoustics do a small speaker range but not so sure about atmos high speakers.

Cables are a no, can't hide under carpet, no room on TV stand for an amp (sound bar can fit in front of TV).
jaydeeuk1

Well after a bit more reading this looks about as close as I can … Well after a bit more reading this looks about as close as I can gethttps://shop.samsung.com/uk/samsung-hw-k950-wireless-soundbar-surround-sound-black-hw-k950-xu-294031/?cid=uk_affiliate_webgains_122609_20170524&source=webgains_ukHowever... It can't decode DTS?! On a £1300 sound bar.Will keep looking.

​You don't need it to decode dts as you can set your dvd/bluray player to lpcm and it will decode it for you. Bitstreaming is where you pass the audio through and the amp decodes it. Not sure if you can set it separately but I guess the player will know what the soundbar can do when it hdmi handshakes using EDID
kester76

You don't need it to decode dts as you can set your dvd/bluray player to … You don't need it to decode dts as you can set your dvd/bluray player to lpcm and it will decode it for you. Bitstreaming is where you pass the audio through and the amp decodes it. Not sure if you can set it separately but I guess the player will know what the soundbar can do when it hdmi handshakes using EDID

I'll be using my Xbox S.
jaydeeuk1

I'll be using my Xbox S.

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/console/configure-audio-settings
Does 7.1 Uncompressed and bitstream out. It can decode DTS-HD Master so it's backwards compatible with DTS.
Thanks for your help.

A thing most people forget when buying soundbars to place in front of tv is they block the ir receiver of the tv.
worth checking out?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions