Wireless camera recommendations

Found 11th Jun 2014
Hi all,

In the market for a wireless IP camera for my baby.

Got this one offered from bespoke offers for £45, supposedly from the retail price of £139 (http://www.fontab.com/time2-mip1-networking-ip-camera.html).

Could anyone advise me on the spec or any alternatives.

Any advice appreciated, thanks in advance.
Community Updates
MiscCamera
8 Comments
Have you looked at tenvis camera? We have a couple used as CCTV, they have pan tilt and zoom on them, 2 way audio and the night vision is effective outdoors and indoors, nice clear crisp image too and there are free android/iphone apps that work well with them. More features for less money amazon.co.uk/Ten…era £32.99

We had two that was used outside before we moved away from our nutty neighbour and they worked in all weathers, they should fill your needs nicely plus come in handy should you ever decide to use them as CCTV after your baby has grown.
I'd suggest saving money and using none.

We had a baby monitor for all 3 of our children and hardly ever used it. Baby's cry when they need attention and unless you live in a mulit-wing house, you are very unlikely not to hear them. There's no need to keep a constant eye on them. Enjoy the break from them when they are in bed and asleep. Having the ability to constantly watch them will in my opinion hamper your much-needed rest.

It's very tempting to buy 'all the gear' when having a baby, but most of it is unecessary and a waste of space and money.
harlzter

Have you looked at tenvis camera? We have a couple used as CCTV, they … Have you looked at tenvis camera? We have a couple used as CCTV, they have pan tilt and zoom on them, 2 way audio and the night vision is effective outdoors and indoors, nice clear crisp image too and there are free android/iphone apps that work well with them. More features for less money http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tenvis-JPT3815W-Wireless-Network-Security/dp/B006GLAUWU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402476385&sr=8-1&keywords=tenvis+ip+camera £32.99We had two that was used outside before we moved away from our nutty neighbour and they worked in all weathers, they should fill your needs nicely plus come in handy should you ever decide to use them as CCTV after your baby has grown.

Thanks for the advice, when I'm looking at the spec what kind of things should I look out for in terms of minimum resolution etc?
SuffolkLad222

I'd suggest saving money and using none. We had a baby monitor for all 3 … I'd suggest saving money and using none. We had a baby monitor for all 3 of our children and hardly ever used it. Baby's cry when they need attention and unless you live in a mulit-wing house, you are very unlikely not to hear them. There's no need to keep a constant eye on them. Enjoy the break from them when they are in bed and asleep. Having the ability to constantly watch them will in my opinion hamper your much-needed rest.It's very tempting to buy 'all the gear' when having a baby, but most of it is unecessary and a waste of space and money.

It's much easier to flick on a camera and get the much needed reassurance when you're a new parent rather than getting out of bed and into their room to check on them.

Also, I find when he cries he doesn't always need me and I can judge whether to go into him when I see him, most occasions he falls back asleep and I needn't have gone in.
SuffolkLad222

I'd suggest saving money and using none. We had a baby monitor for all 3 … I'd suggest saving money and using none. We had a baby monitor for all 3 of our children and hardly ever used it. Baby's cry when they need attention and unless you live in a mulit-wing house, you are very unlikely not to hear them. There's no need to keep a constant eye on them. Enjoy the break from them when they are in bed and asleep. Having the ability to constantly watch them will in my opinion hamper your much-needed rest.It's very tempting to buy 'all the gear' when having a baby, but most of it is unecessary and a waste of space and money.

I think the OP was after a camera, not parenting advice!
dca860

I think the poster was trying to be helpful, not seeking a lecture!
Shaydog

I think the poster was trying to be helpful, not seeking a lecture!

dca860

Well it's a good job they weren't waiting 2+ years for your advice
SuffolkLad222

Well it's a good job they weren't waiting 2+ years for your advice

Ah, I see, didn't realise this was so old, when someone comments it refreshes to the top of the misc page.
Thanks for being so funny though.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants