Groups
    EXPIRED

Wireless CCTV system needed

Hi everyone, my workplace ( which is a charity) is currently looking for a four camera wireless CCTV setup. Are there any at the moment that can be had for a good price?

One with a decent range between the receiver and the cameras would be helpful as well.

Many thanks in advance : )

4 Comments

Makro have been selling kits [ dvr + 4 cameras and a monitor] for ages , so are quite a few other companys but there not cheap . You may consider buying a separate dvr and a set of 4 cameras from somewhere like maplins .Thats what I did . The dvr was just over a £100 , just added a 250GB hdd and 4 small silver cameras with LED's . The dvr runs from a 12v adapter and the cameras are 12v too .You can watch multiscreen on a monitor or just link to a PC or laptop by means of a USB connection to capture any images . There are some dvr models that have network connections making viewing easier in the workplace.

Original Poster

ricko

Makro have been selling kits [ dvr + 4 cameras and a monitor] for ages , … Makro have been selling kits [ dvr + 4 cameras and a monitor] for ages , so are quite a few other companys but there not cheap . You may consider buying a separate dvr and a set of 4 cameras from somewhere like maplins .Thats what I did . The dvr was just over a £100 , just added a 250GB hdd and 4 small silver cameras with LED's . The dvr runs from a 12v adapter and the cameras are 12v too .You can watch multiscreen on a monitor or just link to a PC or laptop by means of a USB connection to capture any images . There are some dvr models that have network connections making viewing easier in the workplace.

So, out of the things on the Maplin website, what would you think could make a half-decent system? Thanks : )

I meant to say ,I bought the cameras from Maplin , I bought the dvr from a company on the net .I have a Sentient wireless CCD [420tvl] with LED's . The quality is astounding on this camera and lights up an area in the total darkness of about 10 to 15 mtrs. The other 4 cameras are the small 12v silver models that were £39.99 each . I cannot seem to see them now at maplin but I have a picture of some of my stuff . Look below ; there is one of the 4 I have , the round silver one . There CMOS and the quality is not too hot in poor light conditions .
    http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t295/Rickardo_21/camscrop.jpg

check out this link : maplin.co.uk/Mod…756

this is the Sentient model I bought.
    Edited by: "ricko" 20th Oct 2010

Original Poster

Thank you so much for all your help (Can I leave you rep for this?)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Decent hoover66
      2. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)46
      3. Job Centre sending text to confirm appointment66
      4. Iptv814

See more discussions