Wireless Charger White £4.50 Instore @ Ikea

Expert (Beta) 33
Posted 1st Feb
ikea.com/gb/…46/

Decent low price here for the wireless charger from Ikea.

Description
Use your own power cord and adapter to easily upgrade to wireless charging.

LIVBOJ charging pad has a slim design that makes it easy to bring on the go.

Qi-certified and compatible with all Qi-certified smartphones and devices.

Works with for example Apple® IPhone 8 and Samsung® Galaxy S6 or newer models.

If your battery is completely discharged, it may take a few minutes before it starts charging. This is entirely normal. You can see that the battery has begun charging when the battery symbol appears on your phone.

Charging time may vary based on the device’s battery capacity, charge level, the age of the battery and the temperature in the surrounding area.

Devices may get warm during charging; this is completely normal and they will gradually cool down again after they are fully charged.

3399371.jpg
Features

• Has a USB-C port.
  • USB power adapter and USB-C cable are not included.
  • The LED indicator displays the charging status.
  • The charging pad has a safety grip.
  • Max. power induction charging: 5W.
  • Must be completed with USB C cord and USB adapter.
  • May be completed with LILLHULT USB-C cable.

Hope it helps someone.
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Predikuesi01/02/2020 18:00

Do you have to assemble it yourself?

Yeah, flat pack charger, takes 4 days and divorce at the end.
99hawkeye9902/02/2020 08:45

So it’s not a charger ... just a bit of flat ‘Cold’ plastic then, if no pow …So it’s not a charger ... just a bit of flat ‘Cold’ plastic then, if no power adaptor or cable included !

Erm, not sure if you are being serious.. but just in case you are. This will contain the charging coil and relevant electronics to make that work. The cable and charger are just used to power the thing. If you are like me you've probably got 582 spare chargers and cables lying around so not including these (at least for me) makes sense both environmentally and financially (I guess it would cost more with those extras) saying that, my phone doesn't support wireless charging so may as well be a lump of plastic
Edited by: "Steverose" 2nd Feb
This is an standard price none fast charger that IKEA been selling for a while it is not an offer or charge fast or charge watch at least not samsung watches.
If only it was 10w.
Heat added.
33 Comments
If only it was 10w.
Heat added.
Predikuesi01/02/2020 18:00

Yeah, flat pack charger, takes 4 days and divorce at the end.
I’ve got no need for this but I still want one !
What happens if you sit on one of these?
lool like the 5 USD version picked up in target last year..heat added.
Will this charge my Samsung watch
This is an standard price none fast charger that IKEA been selling for a while it is not an offer or charge fast or charge watch at least not samsung watches.
saucymonk01/02/2020 19:52

Check your comparability before doing that.
You will get an energy boost.
So it’s not a charger ... just a bit of flat ‘Cold’ plastic then, if no power adaptor or cable included !
99hawkeye9902/02/2020 08:45

So it’s not a charger ... just a bit of flat ‘Cold’ plastic then, if no pow …So it’s not a charger ... just a bit of flat ‘Cold’ plastic then, if no power adaptor or cable included !

Erm, not sure if you are being serious.. but just in case you are. This will contain the charging coil and relevant electronics to make that work. The cable and charger are just used to power the thing. If you are like me you've probably got 582 spare chargers and cables lying around so not including these (at least for me) makes sense both environmentally and financially (I guess it would cost more with those extras) saying that, my phone doesn't support wireless charging so may as well be a lump of plastic
Edited by: "Steverose" 2nd Feb

It would make your stools harder.
Steverose02/02/2020 08:56

Erm, not sure if you are being serious.. but just in case you are. This …Erm, not sure if you are being serious.. but just in case you are. This will contain the charging coil and relevant electronics to make that work. The cable and charger are just used to power the thing. If you are like me you've probably got 582 spare chargers and cables lying around so not including these (at least for me) makes sense both environmentally and financially (I guess it would cost more with those extras) saying that, my phone doesn't support wireless charging so may as well be a lump of plastic

Absolutely, someone with common sense
XNET02/02/2020 09:01

It would make your stools harder.

ah but surely if you had a stool then you'd not need to sit on a charger. Stands to reason.
Edited by: "chimpee" 2nd Feb
Steverose02/02/2020 08:56

Erm, not sure if you are being serious.. but just in case you are. This …Erm, not sure if you are being serious.. but just in case you are. This will contain the charging coil and relevant electronics to make that work. The cable and charger are just used to power the thing. If you are like me you've probably got 582 spare chargers and cables lying around so not including these (at least for me) makes sense both environmentally and financially (I guess it would cost more with those extras) saying that, my phone doesn't support wireless charging so may as well be a lump of plastic

Except it’s usb c. Which unless you have a high end android phone or a recent computer isn’t something you’re likely to have lying about. I use iPhone and iPads and my computer is 5 years old so I have previously had need for none of these cables.

Magic butt tingles
The one which sits flush (ish) into furniture is good, I have one on my desk and just put my phone there and forget about it whilst it charges.
mick.thorpe02/02/2020 09:23

Except it’s usb c. Which unless you have a high end android phone or a r …Except it’s usb c. Which unless you have a high end android phone or a recent computer isn’t something you’re likely to have lying about. I use iPhone and iPads and my computer is 5 years old so I have previously had need for none of these cables.

Most phones that you can wirelessly charge are USB C, so people who are interested in purchasing this item, inevitably will have spare cables to use with it.
mick.thorpe02/02/2020 09:23

Except it’s usb c. Which unless you have a high end android phone or a r …Except it’s usb c. Which unless you have a high end android phone or a recent computer isn’t something you’re likely to have lying about. I use iPhone and iPads and my computer is 5 years old so I have previously had need for none of these cables.

Ah, didn't think about the proprietary connectors on iDevices, sorry! You can pickup a usb c cable for a couple of quid though If you need one. A lot of people already own them these days, I think I just have about 10 tbh! So not including in the product still makes sense to me. Although I can appreciate that this makes the 'deal' less of a deal for you.
0.9mm thick high-quality appearance, easy to take out. Antiskid rubber

You'll be able to make phone calls talking through your a**e. Nanny says I've been doing this for years, talking through my backside that is.
7fink702/02/2020 09:59

Comment deleted

Yes. If you lay it on your driveway it will wirelessly charge your Tesla.
Or £1.90 from aliexpress: aliexpress.com/ite…tml

Advantages:
1) Third of the price
2) Comes with own cable
3) You don't have anywhere near an IKEA, or indeed get out of bed

Disadvantages:
1) Expect delivery in 2-3 weeks, which is slightly less than it takes to find your way out of the average IKEA
2) No cheap hotdog on the way back to the car
dazigster02/02/2020 12:49

Or £1.90 from aliexpress: …Or £1.90 from aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33045855873.htmlAdvantages:1) Third of the price2) Comes with own cable3) You don't have anywhere near an IKEA, or indeed get out of bedDisadvantages: 1) Expect delivery in 2-3 weeks, which is slightly less than it takes to find your way out of the average IKEA2) No cheap hotdog on the way back to the car

disadvantage 3: ocasionally burns your house down
dazigster02/02/2020 12:49

Or £1.90 from aliexpress: …Or £1.90 from aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33045855873.htmlAdvantages:1) Third of the price2) Comes with own cable3) You don't have anywhere near an IKEA, or indeed get out of bedDisadvantages: 1) Expect delivery in 2-3 weeks, which is slightly less than it takes to find your way out of the average IKEA2) No cheap hotdog on the way back to the car

I wouldn't use a charger from a Chinese site if it was free!
This is a good price. But beware of the 5w. It will take forever to charge

Careful not to boil the eggs, pretty useless once boiled... Ahhh, may not be a problem for monks though
Edited by: "Ani412" 2nd Feb
A bit hit and miss with my P30 Pro! Its OK at times, and at others it can be so fussy that it takes several minutes to get it to the correct chargeing point... which kind of defeats the object of the excercise...
Would've been decent at 10W. But at 5W better to just plug the cable in.
Sir-Bargain-A-Lot02/02/2020 13:59

disadvantage 3: ocasionally burns your house down

For something that handles mains current - a wall transformer, for instance, you might have a point but, OK lets bust a few myths:

1) you supply your own transformer - the qi hardware handles a max of 10W @ 10V - that's so little you can't even feel it, let alone start a fire with it

2) all QI pads use identical parts from the same suppliers, and they are nothing exotic - a planar coil, an iron inductance plate (literally just a slab of iron), a 200 nF capacitor and a simple OTS H-bridge circuit, worth in total about $0.15. The only thing magic about QI pads is that they persuade people to pay more than a dollar for them - anything more than that is not better quality or enhanced safety features, its just pure mark-up; the box is probably cost more than the hardware!
unreality02/02/2020 14:47

I wouldn't use a charger from a Chinese site if it was free!

*all* QI pads are made in China, you realise? Also, QI isn't a charger, its a connector - the USB transformer you plug in the wall is still the charger. It's like saying you won't use a 3 pin plug made in China.

See my other comment re QI myths
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants