Wireless charging

Found 13th Sep 2017
Just seen the announcement for the I-Phone X and the fact that they are bigging up the wireless charging.

I was thinking how do you charge your phone when you're out and about?

At the moment you can have a small portable charger and a cable. But with the wireless pad that you need to charge a phone that would make it rather inconvenient to carry around would it not?

Discuss...

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
10 Comments

Finally someone who thinks the way I do. It's not so much about inconvenience, but about various factors.

What if it breaks? For an Apple official one, it will cost a lot.

What if you knock your phone off and don't realise? It won't charge (I have an Apple Watch and this always happens unless I keep it on the desk where I won't knock it or be around it)

What if you have a powerbank that you used to use with your phone? You're unable to use it unless you have a flat surface to charge it on (though this again links to inconvenience).

Also, this surely means that they'll be doing away with the charging port, and this then means you can't even plug in your headphones anymore using the previous adapter and instead have to have Bluetooth (though anyone with an iPhone 7 will know how bad and fiddly it often the adapter is anyway).

And the above factor is pretty big. I already had Bluetooth headphones so this wasn't a worry, but finding Bluetooth earphones is a whole other story. Not many options around and the ones I bought (admittedly £10-£15) were horrible and had the sound quality of the cheapest, cheapest headphones that ever existed.

Its Wireless, so just log in to your local Coffee Shops WiFi, and Charge your Phone while sipping your Coffee.
Edited by: "zirk" 13th Sep 2017

Wait, what? They are doing away with the port all together? That seems silly. I assume it was the same as a few of the droid out there where you could do "wireless" charging or use a lead? That seems silly.

Original Poster

zirk1 h, 3 m ago

Its Wireless, so just log in to your local Coffee Shops WiFi, and Charge …Its Wireless, so just log in to your local Coffee Shops WiFi, and Charge your Phone while sipping your Coffee.

You still need a 'pad' type thing to put your phone near - not sure how close you have to be, current ones I think you have to put the phone on in a certain way, not just near it.

it's an added option, you can still carry your cable and block around...

seriously?

can only be asked buy an apple user

this is the dumbest question i have seen this month. you do understand that there is a charging port (lightning)?

The port is still there!AirPower isn't available until 2018 does this mean you thought no one would be able to charge their new iphones til next year?

Original Poster

davver9938 m ago

can only be asked buy an apple user

Nope, I actually despise Apple products.

mattsk32 m ago

this is the dumbest question i have seen this month. you do understand …this is the dumbest question i have seen this month. you do understand that there is a charging port (lightning)?

Nope, I was not aware of that, if I was I wouldn't have posed the question about wireless chargers now would I?

Bigfootpete1 h, 1 m ago

Nope, I actually despise Apple products.Nope, I was not aware of that, if …Nope, I actually despise Apple products.Nope, I was not aware of that, if I was I wouldn't have posed the question about wireless chargers now would I?

it takes literally 10 seconds to google iphone x technical spec
apple.com/uk/…cs/

second to last in Power and Battery Section

duuuh
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions