Wireless connectivity problem

Found 28th Mar 2010
Hi, just set up my new Belkin N router (play.com/PC/…tml?searchtype=genre) and adapter to replace my ageing D-link which was having very low signal not more than a few feet from the box....
Set-up was simple enough but I still have connectivity issues. My computer upstairs can't be more than about twenty feet from the router but I still get poor signal strength and limited connectivity or just unable to connect at all. It doesn't matter where I put the router it just doesn't seem to be able to pick it up? Is my house made of lead? What on earth can I do to make this work. I have tried switching channels, switching off cordless phones etc, but it makes absolutely no difference. I'm starting to get really frustrated.

1. Misc
  2. Movie
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Movie
2 Comments

Suspended

stupid answer but have you checked the power settings on the wireless on the pc end I know my laptop has various settings .. ie better signal less speed power saving etc

Original Poster

wanderer;8228807

stupid answer but have you checked the power settings on the wireless on … stupid answer but have you checked the power settings on the wireless on the pc end I know my laptop has various settings .. ie better signal less speed power saving etc

Other end is a desktop. I think there is just something blocking the signal. A fridge freezer down here or the hot water tank upstairs maybe?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Ps4 pro or Xbox one x39
    2. WWE Shop T-shirt Sizes?22
    3. Ps4 pro or xbox one x98
    4. amazon no rush delivery credit22

See more discussions