Wireless connectivity problem

Found 28th Mar 2010
Hi, just set up my new Belkin N router (play.com/PC/…tml?searchtype=genre) and adapter to replace my ageing D-link which was having very low signal not more than a few feet from the box....
Set-up was simple enough but I still have connectivity issues. My computer upstairs can't be more than about twenty feet from the router but I still get poor signal strength and limited connectivity or just unable to connect at all. It doesn't matter where I put the router it just doesn't seem to be able to pick it up? Is my house made of lead? What on earth can I do to make this work. I have tried switching channels, switching off cordless phones etc, but it makes absolutely no difference. I'm starting to get really frustrated.
Community Updates
  1. Misc
  2. Movie
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Movie
2 Comments
stupid answer but have you checked the power settings on the wireless on the pc end I know my laptop has various settings .. ie better signal less speed power saving etc
Original Poster
wanderer;8228807

stupid answer but have you checked the power settings on the wireless on … stupid answer but have you checked the power settings on the wireless on the pc end I know my laptop has various settings .. ie better signal less speed power saving etc

Other end is a desktop. I think there is just something blocking the signal. A fridge freezer down here or the hot water tank upstairs maybe?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants