Groups

Wireless connectivity problem

Hi, just set up my new Belkin N router (play.com/PC/…tml?searchtype=genre) and adapter to replace my ageing D-link which was having very low signal not more than a few feet from the box....
    Set-up was simple enough but I still have connectivity issues. My computer upstairs can't be more than about twenty feet from the router but I still get poor signal strength and limited connectivity or just unable to connect at all. It doesn't matter where I put the router it just doesn't seem to be able to pick it up? Is my house made of lead? What on earth can I do to make this work. I have tried switching channels, switching off cordless phones etc, but it makes absolutely no difference. I'm starting to get really frustrated.

2 Comments

stupid answer but have you checked the power settings on the wireless on the pc end I know my laptop has various settings .. ie better signal less speed power saving etc

Original Poster

wanderer;8228807

stupid answer but have you checked the power settings on the wireless on … stupid answer but have you checked the power settings on the wireless on the pc end I know my laptop has various settings .. ie better signal less speed power saving etc

Other end is a desktop. I think there is just something blocking the signal. A fridge freezer down here or the hot water tank upstairs maybe?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73944522
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1324
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047141
      4. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2869

See more discussions