Wireless Earphones

Posted 14th Jun
Hi,

I'm looking for some wireless earphones for running.

I did have a pair of Soundpeats from Amazon, but they easily slip out of my ears all the time and it's really annoying.

I was tempted by the Galaxy Buds, but the amount of fakes on ebay put me off.

Any recommendations please? Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
AirPods, surprisingly comfy and don’t fallout when running
alankfc0214/06/2020 20:32

AirPods, surprisingly comfy and don’t fallout when running

Can you use them with Android and Samsung watches?
Pretty sure you can.
If you like the soundpeats anyway, it might be worth getting a cheap set of memory foam tips, they give a much better fit than the normal silicon tips. May solve the falling out issue and they can be had for a couple quid
a666andy14/06/2020 20:41

If you like the soundpeats anyway, it might be worth getting a cheap set …If you like the soundpeats anyway, it might be worth getting a cheap set of memory foam tips, they give a much better fit than the normal silicon tips. May solve the falling out issue and they can be had for a couple quid

how long do the memory foam tips last? i use foam earplugs to sleep and i find they become loose after a month's use as the foam loses its elasticity. unless memory foam tips have a better lifespan for retaining its elasticity?

in answer to the OP, i doubt any headphone buds would stay in your ear unless they lock inside your earlobe like the samsung buds, if they fit your earlobe comfortably that is.
mutley114/06/2020 20:48

how long do the memory foam tips last? i use foam earplugs to sleep and i …how long do the memory foam tips last? i use foam earplugs to sleep and i find they become loose after a month's use as the foam loses its elasticity. unless memory foam tips have a better lifespan for retaining its elasticity?in answer to the OP, i doubt any headphone buds would stay in your ear unless they lock inside your earlobe like the samsung buds, if they fit your earlobe comfortably that is.

I do like the look of the Samsung ones. Are they worth the money with vs Soundpeats at £25?
Robloxian14/06/2020 20:49

I do like the look of the Samsung ones. Are they worth the money with vs …I do like the look of the Samsung ones. Are they worth the money with vs Soundpeats at £25?

i think the buds + are better than the buds as they are the second version. i think the money is worthwhile spending if you have the money to spend and don't mind spending a lot on earbuds.

i was interested in the samsung earbuds but i worry my ears are too small and they won't fit inside. i have heard comments from people about these in the ear buds being painful as they are too big to fit inside their ear. not the samsung ones but some of the bigger ones.

i have recently bought anker soundcore liberty air and they are fine for what i need, but i doubt the sound quality is as good as the samsung ones. and certainly not the technology and reliability. they fall out when you run as they don't fit securely enough for prolonged exercise.
mutley114/06/2020 20:48

how long do the memory foam tips last? i use foam earplugs to sleep and i …how long do the memory foam tips last? i use foam earplugs to sleep and i find they become loose after a month's use as the foam loses its elasticity. unless memory foam tips have a better lifespan for retaining its elasticity?in answer to the OP, i doubt any headphone buds would stay in your ear unless they lock inside your earlobe like the samsung buds, if they fit your earlobe comfortably that is.

I've used some cheap ones daily for couple hours a day for over 6 odd months, may be a bit different to having them in for 6 to 8 hours sleep. Yes they had lost a bit of the instant spring back to shape but they still get there after a few mins.
a666andy14/06/2020 20:57

I've used some cheap ones daily for couple hours a day for over 6 odd …I've used some cheap ones daily for couple hours a day for over 6 odd months, may be a bit different to having them in for 6 to 8 hours sleep. Yes they had lost a bit of the instant spring back to shape but they still get there after a few mins.

have you got a link? i find my silicone tips loose in my ear, and i have tried all the sizes. they are fine when you first use them but they lose shape after about a week and become loose. i may have to buy some memory tips like you have.

only problem i find is that the tips can prevent the buds charging correctly in the case if the tips are too big.
Sorry to invade the thread but does anyone know which are better or worth getting out of the anker liberty neo & anker life p2
Dalethh14/06/2020 21:03

Sorry to invade the thread but does anyone know which are better or worth …Sorry to invade the thread but does anyone know which are better or worth getting out of the anker liberty neo & anker life p2

can't comment on the comparison but if you are considering anker life p2, you are better off getting the anker liberty air 2 as i have been told that the liberty air 2 is better than the life p2. worth spending that bit of extra money apparently as it is a little bit more expensive.
Op - I recently got these
amazon.co.uk/gp/…GTD

Usually really struggle with earphones falling out, but I'm pleasantly surprised with these

Even when running they've stayed put, which is a miracle for me 😁

Obviously everyone's ears are different, but may be worth a try.
The advertise 90 day no question returns too

Sound quality seems pretty good to me too, but these are my first wireless earbuds so have nothing to compare too really

Cheers
phil00114/06/2020 21:42

Op - I recently got …Op - I recently got thesehttps://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07T7MZGTDUsually really struggle with earphones falling out, but I'm pleasantly surprised with theseEven when running they've stayed put, which is a miracle for me 😁Obviously everyone's ears are different, but may be worth a try.The advertise 90 day no question returns tooSound quality seems pretty good to me too, but these are my first wireless earbuds so have nothing to compare too reallyCheers

Thanks all.

I've put smaller cups on the soundpeats and they seem a bit better actually.

I'll see how they work tomorrow when I go for my run.
mutley114/06/2020 21:02

have you got a link? i find my silicone tips loose in my ear, and i have …have you got a link? i find my silicone tips loose in my ear, and i have tried all the sizes. they are fine when you first use them but they lose shape after about a week and become loose. i may have to buy some memory tips like you have. only problem i find is that the tips can prevent the buds charging correctly in the case if the tips are too big.

There are loads of options but you'll need to work out the size you want for your ears and what size to fit onto your earphones

Amazon examples
a666andy14/06/2020 23:11

There are loads of options but you'll need to work out the size you want …There are loads of options but you'll need to work out the size you want for your ears and what size to fit onto your earphones Amazon examples

are they as comfortable as the silicone ones?
I find them far more comfortable
mutley114/06/2020 23:16

are they as comfortable as the silicone ones?

Post a comment
@
    Text