Wireless External Harddrive Recommendations

Found 15th Oct 2017
Hi Guys,

Looking for some recommendations on a wireless external harddrive to meet the following requirements:

1. To sit under TV and connect to Freeview to record programs
2. Wirelessly access from different computers in the house (both Mac and Windows)
3. Secure so next door neighbours cannot access!
4. As quiet as possible.

Thanks in advance, don't mind too much on budget, preferably under £100 but flexible.
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
the freeview requirement is the tricky part here, what are you using to watch that on?
maddogb23 h, 43 m ago

the freeview requirement is the tricky part here, what are you using to …the freeview requirement is the tricky part here, what are you using to watch that on?

It's within my Samsung TV. It states that you can connect an external hard drive to the TV (brand new Samsung) and it will record programs onto it.
RhysBev13 m ago

It's within my Samsung TV. It states that you can connect an external hard …It's within my Samsung TV. It states that you can connect an external hard drive to the TV (brand new Samsung) and it will record programs onto it.

does it state what connections it will or won't operate that on? some will only do this via a usb connection to the drive, in which case you will need a disk that can be accessed via a network connection and a usb connection simultaneously.
maddogb15 m ago

does it state what connections it will or won't operate that on? some will …does it state what connections it will or won't operate that on? some will only do this via a usb connection to the drive, in which case you will need a disk that can be accessed via a network connection and a usb connection simultaneously.

Looks like USB - the TV model is Samsung UE43KS7500
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants