Wireless heating/electrical advice please

Found 15th Jan
Hi everyone. I'm having some refurbishment work done at home and was thinking of installing hive/nest app controlled type systems for the heating/water and also some sort of wireless controls for sockets/lighting.
Ideally I'd like to be able to control individual radiators but I think this may be over my budget to install so I was thinking of having separate controls for different floors. Is this possible and what system should I use? I'm also slightly confused with bridges and switches etc for lighting. Ideally I want an economically priced lighting and socket sytem that I can control wireless or just switch on/off "physically" if required.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

3 Comments

For Nest, you need a Nest Thermostat for each zone, eg floor

Here's how it works with other devices

nest.com/uk/…st/

Original Poster

dothedealnow

For Nest, you need a Nest Thermostat for each zone, eg floor Here's how … For Nest, you need a Nest Thermostat for each zone, eg floor Here's how it works with other devices https://nest.com/uk/works-with-nest/

Thank you for the link

Not saying Nest is ideal, it may work out a little expensive. Am sure there are more cost effective options that allow individual wireless control of zones and individual heaters whether radiators, underfloor or whatever.

There have been a number of posts in the Deals section of this site discussing options.

The only reason I use Nests is that I split my time between two houses and have an erratic schedule. Should you have a more predictable schedule then remote heating and HW control may not be necessary?
Edited by: "dothedealnow" 15th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition57578
    2. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!44
    3. Free money and competition entry @ Circle813
    4. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums22

See more discussions