wireless help !

Hi all just been given a netgear wireless router but it was for aol the modem its self has no aol writing on it so would i be able to use this on virgin or are they set to own networks, complete novice at all this so any help be much apprecieated..thanks

11 Comments

If you mean Virgin media cable, then chances are it wont work. Cable needs a cable modem and AOL is based on phone line or ADSL.

just plug it in. it will work whatever broadband you have me thinks

but i do not know if cable is any different, there is one way to find out!

GIJimmy;2058862

just plug it in. it will work whatever broadband you have me thinksbut i … just plug it in. it will work whatever broadband you have me thinksbut i do not know if cable is any different, there is one way to find out!

Nope it wont.
You need a Cable router for cable broadband.

Original Poster

cheers for all that so what router would i need to get to go wireless..thanks

t0mm;2058873

Nope it wont.You need a Cable router for cable broadband.

thanks. never had this problem as i cant get cable where i live out in tut'counrtyside! :x

you can get AOL on cable too.

hold on a second virgin do dsl supplies as well, anybody thought to find out??, such as make and model of device currently used??

Original Poster

nottmsteve;2059729

You need a cable router - something like this … You need a cable router - something like this onehttp://accessories.virginmedia.com/webstore/CNETrelated/ExtendedInformation.aspx?ExtendedCode=NTL0507&ExtendedProdCode=M160502&CatCode=SELF520302

thanks for that will have a look :thumbsup:

Original Poster

maddogb;2059901

hold on a second virgin do dsl supplies as well, anybody thought to find … hold on a second virgin do dsl supplies as well, anybody thought to find out??, such as make and model of device currently used??

the one i've got hear is netgear dg834g v3 adsl so guess def wont work..thanks

justneo;2060088

the one i've got hear is netgear dg834g v3 adsl so guess def wont … the one i've got hear is netgear dg834g v3 adsl so guess def wont work..thanks

sorry i meant what device are you actually using, not the one u have been given, that will tell us what type of system u are on, btw the netgear probably can be made to work with a little tweaking
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…33
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213599
    3. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??33
    4. What an absolute disgrace2155

See more discussions