Groups

Wireless help please!!

So - we got our new computer (after our 9 yr old Dell, finally died!!) all ok so far, but we want a wireless router now. Absolutely NO IDEA what to look for, what brand, what specs etc etc.
    Basically we want to be able to use the Wii, and connect my wi fi phone, and it'll be through the land line as we don't have cable.
    Any suggestions please?!

10 Comments

netgear routers are pretty good , well we never had any problems with them anyway!

Original Poster

Wow...thanks for that super-fast reply!! Excellent!

Give your Broadband provider a ring, they might give you a free one :thumbsup: they do with new customers

linksys are also very good.

Got a netgear and it's superb

Virgin media use them too and give free to broadband customers

I wouln't recommend Netgear to anyone. I turn off all power at night and turn it back on in the morning - it never comes on first time and is just a pain in the harris.

Linksys routers are built on Cisco technology (possibly the biggest name in network communications) and the one I used to have was extremely reliable.

Top five routers reviewed on the gadget show a couple of months ago
    fwd.five.tv/vid…ers

Goonieman;5541851

Top five routers reviewed on the gadget show a couple of months … Top five routers reviewed on the gadget show a couple of months agohttp://fwd.five.tv/videos/top-5-routers

Interesting - good find.

Goonieman;5541851

Top five routers reviewed on the gadget show a couple of months … Top five routers reviewed on the gadget show a couple of months agohttp://fwd.five.tv/videos/top-5-routers

It was only the top five out of a very limited selection, they didn't even test popular models like the Netgear DG834G, the ones that came top were unlikely to have had any glaring problems though.

Original Poster

Thanks to everyone who took the trouble to reply....most appreciated!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1420
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846154
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      4. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218

See more discussions