Wireless Homeplugs for Sky Router?

Found 20th Mar 2011
Hi,

I would like to get a better wireless reception in my bedroom and i am thinking of getting some wireless homeplugs. I have been looking online and have seen a few people mention that some makes don't work with a sky router. I was just wondering if anyone else has sky and wireless homeplugs and could recommend some that work??

Cheers

Mmachine78

6 Comments

Wireless homeplugs? oO

Original Poster

I mean something like this

amazon.co.uk/dp/…829?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=****&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B00472MMC6

That will extend my wireless network range and will work with my Sky router
Edited by: "Mmachine78" 21st Mar 2011

Mmachine78

I mean something like … I mean something like this[url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.co.uk%2Fdp%2FB00472MMC6%2Fref%3Dasc_df_B00472MMC62354829%3Fsmid%3DA3P5ROKL5A1OLE%26tag%3D%2A%2A%2A%2A%26linkCode%3Dasn%26creative%3D22206%26creativeASIN%3DB00472MMC6]http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00472MMC6/ref=asc_df_B00472MMC62354829?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=****&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B00472MMC6[/url]That will extend my wireless network range and will work with my Sky router

They knew what you meant they were just being pedantic ****.

Most of them are just plug and play so won't need any setup at all.

Original Poster

Cheers....I was just a bit put off as someone on eBay was selling these as they said they don't work with a sky router so didn't want to splash out that money if they don't work!

dcx_badass

Homeplugs aren't wireless.

Ha sure you don't even know what a tomahawk is

DEVOLO work with Sky, I can confirm this as I use them in a 3 story house with concrete floors, Router (Netgear Sky) in the Basement and a Wireless homeplug on the 3rd floor that works perfectly with laptops.

I didn't want to wait and bought them at Curry's but I am sure they can be bought cheaper online, there may also be alternatives but that is just what I use and they work.

Original Poster

Thanks for the reply!!

Think I might see if any come on eBay as don't really want to pay £100...but will prob get bored waiting and splash out...

BlinneOrlaith

Ha sure you don't even know what a tomahawk is :)DEVOLO work with Sky, I … Ha sure you don't even know what a tomahawk is :)DEVOLO work with Sky, I can confirm this as I use them in a 3 story house with concrete floors, Router (Netgear Sky) in the Basement and a Wireless homeplug on the 3rd floor that works perfectly with laptops.I didn't want to wait and bought them at Curry's but I am sure they can be bought cheaper online, there may also be alternatives but that is just what I use and they work.

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without saying how old you are, Name one thing from your childhood someone …2131
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7771809
    3. Quidco Highest Cashback Guarantee - Quidco will double the difference if yo…11
    4. How to send Items back to deal extreme?76

See more discussions