Groups
    EXPIRED

Wireless House Alarm

Could anyone help me find a house alarm for my new house?

It must be wireless so my boyfriend can fit it himself and must have a control panel to create zones.
    The more PIR's the better but show me what you can find!

Obviously the cheaper the better!

10 Comments

yale in B&Q or elsewhere.

Original Poster

myjess;5365501

yale in B&Q or elsewhere.

Thanks for replying, I have seen this range but I wasn't sure if it would scream that I'd bought it from B&Q!

Rep left for your efforts

HI
    Try the micrormark range - cheap abd very easy install. Extra PIR's are cheap and you can even get a car type fob.
    Mineis 2 years old and works perfecftly - no interference at all and yes b and Q for sure.

We have just installed a wireless Yale system. It was very easy to set up and install and we can add to it over time. Impressed so far. We bought ours on offer from Tesco.

Original Poster

kensington143;5366077

We have just installed a wireless Yale system. It was very easy to set … We have just installed a wireless Yale system. It was very easy to set up and install and we can add to it over time. Impressed so far. We bought ours on offer from Tesco.

Would you mind letting me know if the bell box is hard wired or battery operated and (if you don't mind me asking!) how much it was on offer for? Thanks!

Id recommend the BT Home Monitoring alarm system which can usually be picked up pretty cheap from saverstore.com

Very easy to fit, never had any problems with it at all

saverstore.com/pro…000

I have been thinking of buying this one for my house... Its a bit pricey and also was featured on Gadget show:

fwd.five.tv/gad…-me

Link to the actual product: alertme.com/hom…ty/

Original Poster

Thanks for all your suggestions, keep them coming!

i think the best system is to have vibrators on all the windows and contact breakers and vibrators on the doors that way the alarm activates before the intruder enters the house and allows you to move about the house at night freely when it is set as long as you dont touch the windows or doors also very good if there are chidren or pets in the house

Hi

The system was called Yale Ultimate Peace of Mind.
    Alarm box is battery powered. Got one alarm box, one dummy box, 2 door type alarms and 2 PIR thingies and the control box. From memory cost about £150 delivered.

spider1986;5366207

Would you mind letting me know if the bell box is hard wired or battery … Would you mind letting me know if the bell box is hard wired or battery operated and (if you don't mind me asking!) how much it was on offer for? Thanks!

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick99
      2. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk44
      3. Win a Karcher Xpert Pressure Washer88
      4. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98

See more discussions