Groups

Wireless Internet Connection - Help

Can some one help me out.

I have a Netgear wireless router that is connected to the internet - the connection i am using now through a RJ45 connection. The wireless part of this router doesn't work.

The Netgear router is connected to a Belkin wireless router again via RJ45, the Belkin router does work.

Now the problem when i attempt to connect to the Belkin wireless router it asks for a key, that i don't know and will only allow local connection. Is there anything i can do to gain wireless access.

The Belkin router has no direct ADSL connection socket so i can't leave out the Netgear router.

4 Comments

Have you forgotten the key?

Type the router's address (the default is either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1) in your Web browser to rest it and then put in new details.

Firstly is the Netgear broken or is wireless just turned off,Secondly is the WEP key on a sticker undernath the Belkin ?.

Original Poster

tonyg1962;5437776

Firstly is the Netgear broken or is wireless just turned off,Secondly is … Firstly is the Netgear broken or is wireless just turned off,Secondly is the WEP key on a sticker undernath the Belkin ?.

Netgear wireless is broken.

No WEP key on Belkin, just MAC Codes.

Is your PC plugged into the Belkin router ?. And do you know what model it is,
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64534
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 391414
      4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1133

See more discussions