Groups
    EXPIRED

Wireless internet help please

hey guys i finally bought myself a wireless internet kit, and set up up and it works ok anyeverything but i want to be able to secure the connection so that only certain computers can access it
    pcworld.co.uk/mar…jsp[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_EngineID=cceiaddijhkefgecflgceggdhhmdgml.0&page=Product&fm=14&sm=1&tm=1&sku=892052&category_oid=-28361 pcworld.co.uk/mar…jsp[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_EngineID=cceiaddijhkefgecflgceggdhhmdgml.0&page=Product&fm=14&sm=1&tm=1&sku=892052&category_oid=-28361
    its this kit
    along with this a USB connectioned one too
    didn't exactly buy it from a store if you understand what i mean...
    so no real instructions came with it

4 Comments

how are the computer connecting to it?

Can you see an option to use a WEP key? This will basically password protect your connection... You should be able to choose the WEP key yourself and then any computer wanting to use your wireless connection will have to know this WEP key.

Just seen on the product features it does have 128bit WEP so you need to find the section in the config page to create the password.

Should be fairly straight forward....

This might be helpful to you: ]http//ww…tml
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4682224
      2. What is there free to do in your town?2545
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27121
      4. Sky Fibre Max44

See more discussions