Groups
    EXPIRED

Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

hi, i dont know if anyone can help...i'm looking to buy a wirless keyboard and mouse for the first time, can anyone recommend me a good one to buy...

if possible, i'm after one where the computer can be switched on via the keyboard or mouse (or isn't that possible?...i havn't a clue)

price range - £30/£40

anyway can anyone help?

Thanks

17 Comments

pcworld.co.uk/mar…id=

logitech wireless keyboard and laser mouse
    £37.99
    brilliant
    click and collect in store

Original Poster

sharonwai;2947749

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_EngineID=ccggadefdlgmfelcflgceggdhhmdgmj.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=119560&category_oid=logitech wireless keyboard and laser mouse£37.99brilliantclick and collect in store

now that looks nice...but can it switch on the computer from the keyboard?

killabyte;2947758

i think there is button there but i never try it before ,

killabyte;2947758

don't forget quidco
    i think its 5%

Original Poster

sharonwai;2947823

i think there is button there but i never try it before ,

you have one of these?

killabyte;2947836

you have one of these?

yes

im gonna try the button now

it does turn it off to stand by

cant turn it on if pc is completely off or maybe because mine is not set to do that.
    hey if dont work take it back for a refund

Original Poster

cheers for the help guys...but i definately need one with an ON button on the keyboard

i messed with this for a while with htpc setups but didn't have much success, problem is in off mode, power is cut off to the usb ports which most wireless dongles plug into.
    I have a few boards which will wake up from ps2 keyboards so they would probably be your best bet, make sure your mainboard bios supports this feature though

I've just ordered one, not arrived yet, quite cheap and under your budget:
    kikatek.com/pro…676

Don't know if you can switch the PC on with the keyboard well.

killabyte;2947758

...but can it switch on the computer from the keyboard?

If your motherboard supports it, you can set your system to switch on by keyboard/mouse in the BIOS. Not sure it works with a wireless keyboard/mouse though - someone with a wireless keyboard & supported motherboard can try it out & let us know.

Three of the motherboards I've owned had/have this feature - I prefer to start by mouse click. But I notice if I disconnect my computer at the mains (end of the day), reconnect it (the next day) & then try to start by mouse it doesn't work.

Original Poster

thanks for the help guys....but after doing some research i have found out that the wirless keyboard and mouse cannot switch on a computer..."this technology isn't out yet" someone had said to me...so looks like i will jus need a good quaility wirless keyboard and mouse which works with a dell...

Original Poster

going to buy a wireless keyboard and mouse 2morrow, i'm thinking that this logitech would be perfect but does anyone have any bad experiance with this keyboard/company

Logitech Cordless Desktop Wave

Banned

Go for the MX3200 at Dell, I just got it...it's currently 40% off so a real bargain at £35....PC world will even 110% price match it

are wireless keyboards over bluetooth?

M19C;3038314

are wireless keyboards over bluetooth?

some are but not most, it will say if it is usually the BT ones are quite dear
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best VR games?22
      2. What to do?????23
      3. Virgin Media Superhub 3 Settings55
      4. Good Sim only deals??611

See more discussions