Wireless Mechanical Keyboard

Posted 5th Jun 2020
Hi people,

Are there any mechanical keyboards which are BOTH wireless (no dongle, connects directly to MacBook) and with the option to use WITH a dongle (to connect to my windows work computer which has security settings that do not allow me to connect me current wireless keyboard. (My bluetooth mouse w/ dongles connects to it fine).

I don’t want to just buy one with a dongle as the MacBook doesn’t have a usb-b slot and I don’t want to have to connect my adapter.

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
If not, a wireless keyboard (no dongle) with the option of using it wired would be good too
What's your budget, what form factor do you want (full/tkl/75%), which switches? I've been using a G915 which can connect wired/bluetooth/lightspeed dongle and switch between them, it's quite nice but expensive. The GL switches aren't my favourite and it's a bit too big though.

The Corsair K63 can do bluetooth or wireless dongle and is TKL/Cherry MX Reds.

There's also the Keychron K2 which does bluetooth or wired and is 75%/Gateron switches.

For a cheapish one the Logitech G613 can do bluetooth or wireless dongle but a lot of people (myself included) dislike the romer-g switches.
Edited by: "James123" 5th Jun
The Logitech G613 also offers mech keys and dongle / BT connectivity. Currently about £100, although I think mine was only £60.
I've got the Corsair K63 wireless and have been using it for over a year now, have used both the dongle and bluetooth without any issues.
Thanks for the suggestions! I’ve opted for the Keychron K2 as it seems most compatible with a Mac. It can be used as a wired device but through usb-c, a simple usb-c to usb-b converter should allow me to connect it to my windows laptop right?

Also went for brown switches as it’s mainly for typing but didn’t want it to be too clicky like the blues. Hoping that’s the right decision? Sorry very new to mechanical keyboards!
vivian26506/06/2020 08:09

Thanks for the suggestions! I’ve opted for the Keychron K2 as it seems m …Thanks for the suggestions! I’ve opted for the Keychron K2 as it seems most compatible with a Mac. It can be used as a wired device but through usb-c, a simple usb-c to usb-b converter should allow me to connect it to my windows laptop right?Also went for brown switches as it’s mainly for typing but didn’t want it to be too clicky like the blues. Hoping that’s the right decision? Sorry very new to mechanical keyboards!

For the Keychron the keyboard has a usb-c connector but the actual cable they supply is usb-c to usb-a, you shouldn't need a converter.

With switches it's very much personal preference so there's not really any right/wrong decision. For purely typing I like blues but there's a lot of working environments where they're too loud so brown is a good compromise, with reds I tend to make more typos
James12306/06/2020 09:17

For the Keychron the keyboard has a usb-c connector but the actual cable …For the Keychron the keyboard has a usb-c connector but the actual cable they supply is usb-c to usb-a, you shouldn't need a converter. With switches it's very much personal preference so there's not really any right/wrong decision. For purely typing I like blues but there's a lot of working environments where they're too loud so brown is a good compromise, with reds I tend to make more typos

Oh I see really? Thank you for your help, much appreciated!
ANNE PRO 2 is quality
Post a comment
@
    Text