Groups

Wireless Media Player

Hi everyone im looking for a good Wireless Media Player to play on my tv. Play Films etc from my pc/ Nat Drive to TV via wireless any one know of a decent one that plays divx avi MKV etc .

Look forward to hearing from you.

10 Comments

popcorn hours or Western Digital one that does same thing

Original Poster

Cheers for that

Slightly different, but have you considered modding an old xbox with XBMC and using a wireless adapter? I have mine under the tv and use it for everything from streaming films/music to watching stuff on the iplayer.

suchafunkymonkey;5437785

Slightly different, but have you considered modding an old xbox with XBMC … Slightly different, but have you considered modding an old xbox with XBMC and using a wireless adapter? I have mine under the tv and use it for everything from streaming films/music to watching stuff on the iplayer.

That's what i do for my bedroom :thumbsup: wired though

I use a 360 for downstairs, works great, just a shame it is so loud!

Original Poster

suchafunkymonkey;5437785

Slightly different, but have you considered modding an old xbox with XBMC … Slightly different, but have you considered modding an old xbox with XBMC and using a wireless adapter? I have mine under the tv and use it for everything from streaming films/music to watching stuff on the iplayer.

And does this play everything mate, also can it play stuff from a Linkstation

Original Poster

Better still can the PS3 Play avi and divx?

suchafunkymonkey;5437785

Hardware can struggle if you try upscaling the picture or playing MKV's.

Was a sad day when I had to finally retire my XBMC for a popcornhour as I loved that thing. :cry:

Original Poster

Just tried it on PS3 wireless and It looks amazing. Tried 5 different avi's and all run. Thanks for this save me a couple hundred pounds.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …250829
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523455
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764556
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846313

See more discussions