Expired

wireless mini keyboard for android box help please

27 replies
Found 24th Sep 2015
HELP! just received my MXQ android box, just to use kodi, and with it I received a mini wireless keyboard.. I plugged the mini usb receiver that came with the keyboard into my box and powered on the keyboard but its not connecting, its just flashing red.. and its a REAL pain in the butt inputting the kodi sources by the remote control... does anyone know if I need to set up something with the MXQ box to get it to connect? I cant see anything in the settings menu.. driving me crazy! :-(

27 Comments

i think you need to enable remote in kodis setting if its the same as when i set my phone to control kodi

Is the mini wireless keyboard fully charged up?

you have to pair the remote with the receiver.

read the instructions

Original Poster

thanks matt, I have the remote settings in kodi enabled, and phil the keyboard is battery powerd, do I need to charge it also? I had no usb leads with it....

Original Poster

the instructions just said plug the mini usb into the device and switch the button on the keyboard to on, which I did... that's all it said really regarding how to use it... its not Bluetooth, its 2.4ghz wireless

malnuman

the instructions just said plug the mini usb into the device and switch … the instructions just said plug the mini usb into the device and switch the button on the keyboard to on, which I did... that's all it said really regarding how to use it... its not Bluetooth, its 2.4ghz wireless

mine is 2.4ghz rf and still needed pairing

Original Poster

thanks chocci... I have no idea how to pair it then, I just rechecked the limited instructions and it has no mention of pairing, just plug the mini usb in the device and that's it.. I think I may invest in another wireless keypad, this one was free with the box so I guess its not good quality.. the guy even sent me the wrong HDMI lead, he sent a mini HDMI! I have been struggling inputting some sources via the remote, and the box works fine, watching some sports on it now :-)

malnuman

thanks chocci... I have no idea how to pair it then, I just rechecked the … thanks chocci... I have no idea how to pair it then, I just rechecked the limited instructions and it has no mention of pairing, just plug the mini usb in the device and that's it.. I think I may invest in another wireless keypad, this one was free with the box so I guess its not good quality.. the guy even sent me the wrong HDMI lead, he sent a mini HDMI! I have been struggling inputting some sources via the remote, and the box works fine, watching some sports on it now :-)

If you are going to be using it mainly for kodi, then persoanlly I would go for a remote that you dont need two hands for all the time and a silly little trackpad to move the mouse around within android.

this works great for me

ebay.co.uk/itm…093

Original Poster

thanks again chocci.. I will order that.. looks good, hopefully will connect to my box... otherwise I will be inboxing ya for help! lol .. by the way, I have connected my box by Ethernet and not wireless, this wouldn't have any effect on the connection issue with the my keyboard would it?

malnuman

thanks again chocci.. I will order that.. looks good, hopefully will … thanks again chocci.. I will order that.. looks good, hopefully will connect to my box... otherwise I will be inboxing ya for help! lol .. by the way, I have connected my box by Ethernet and not wireless, this wouldn't have any effect on the connection issue with the my keyboard would it?

no it wouldnt

Original Poster

thanks.. I have just ordered that remote you suggested, I see it comes form hong kong though, so a bit of a wait... but will be worth it when it comes to inputting them ever updating and new kodi sources

If it's the same as mine, it has a charging cable with it and a usb receiver plug in the back where the battery is located. Just plug the usb receiver into your box and providing you've charged your keypad you should be up and running.

Geeps, I also bought that wireless mini keyboard for my new Matricom gbox and when it came I found out that the box perfectly works with my old wireless mouse and keyboard! Which is Great! Much much more comfortable!

So maybe you should just try and plug your regular wifi mouse and keyboard before you buy this mini-thingy. - Which I've just tried on my Samsung Android tablet and so far it's not working.

How do you use the @ sign with the keyboard?

You can also use the android app Yatse to control your tv box.

RiverDragon8

You can also use the android app Yatse to control your tv box.

No you can't, Yatse only controls the one Kodi app, not the whole box.

dcx_badass

No you can't, Yatse only controls the one Kodi app, not the whole box.

That's what i meant install the app to control kodi.

I've also had problems with keyboard control . I can't get caps on to connect my WiFi pin could u help please

i've tried all of the above and my "wireless mini keypad still not connecting to my tv, all the lights flash so its working and charged not sure why it wont work on my tv, any other suggestions welcome

Original Poster

Evie111

i've tried all of the above and my "wireless mini keypad still not … i've tried all of the above and my "wireless mini keypad still not connecting to my tv, all the lights flash so its working and charged not sure why it wont work on my tv, any other suggestions welcome

I gave up in the end with the one I got and I purchased the one in the link that chocci gave me, 8 posts from the top, this one worked straight away and is great..

haha malnuman i think i might have had a blonde moment haha do i put the usb receiver into the usb port in my tv or my box think that might be where i am going wrong haha if that doesnt work im gonna buy the one u suggested 9 posts up now haha

Original Poster

the usb receiver goes into my android box, I didn't have to change any settings or anything

got it working you plug it into your box not your tv

thanks malnuman your a star

malnuman

HELP! just received my MXQ android box, just to use kodi, and … HELP! just received my MXQ android box, just to use kodi, and with it I received a mini wireless keyboard.. I plugged the mini usb receiver that came with the keyboard into my box and powered on the keyboard but its not connecting, its just flashing red.. and its a REAL pain in the butt inputting the kodi sources by the remote control... does anyone know if I need to set up something with the MXQ box to get it to connect? I cant see anything in the settings menu.. driving me crazy! :-(

OK most instructions forget to tell you to open the back of the remote, in most cases there is a reciver chip that plugs in to the USB cable provided by the manufacturer, once you have all three connections pluged in your remote should work. (1) plug USB in to TV box, (2) plug mini USB end into your new remote/mini keyboard, (3) plug receiver chip into female USB port on cable provided, (4) turn on remote, there should be a blue light indicating there is a connection, at this point your remote should be successfully linked, remove mini USB from remote , but make sure you leave everything else connected to the tv box, for this is how you stay connected , good luck

Jonnydango

OK most instructions forget to tell you to open the back of the remote, … OK most instructions forget to tell you to open the back of the remote, in most cases there is a reciver chip that plugs in to the USB cable provided by the manufacturer, once you have all three connections pluged in your remote should work. (1) plug USB in to TV box, (2) plug mini USB end into your new remote/mini keyboard, (3) plug receiver chip into female USB port on cable provided, (4) turn on remote, there should be a blue light indicating there is a connection, at this point your remote should be successfully linked, remove mini USB from remote , but make sure you leave everything else connected to the tv box, for this is how you stay connected , good luck

Thanks for this, didn't even notice the dongle inside the remote and the Chinese-English instructions didn't mention it either!!

I had the exact same issue as the initial thread started. What I did:

- opened the back of the remote and removed the tape on the battery and reinserted it. Then connected the wireless usb receiver into my android box and plugged the power cable into the remote and let it charge off the android box.
- after 3-4 hrs of charging I tried the remote but I just got a blinking red light for a few seconds on the remote and nothing else happened. I plugged it back into the charger thinking maybe it just needed more time to charge and when I did plug it into the charger I got a blinking blue light for a few seconds. I let it charger for another 2 hrs.
- I unplugged the keyboard and the same damn thing happened. So I read the flimsy little crap booklet which basically said the battery is toast or the keyboard is dead.. Great.
- so I decided to mess around with it a bit more and I noticed that when I unplugged the wireless receiver and reinserted it into the USB port it went in another centimetre than it did before (I had to give it just a little extra pressure when reinserting the second time) I unplugged the keyboard from the charger and flicked the power button on and pressed some random buttons and it worked! So I guess the problem was the connection with the usb receiver maybe where it was so new it just needs a little extra force to go in all the way. Hope that helps!

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. Marks & Spencer Credit Receipt?53
  2. Toyota verso camera22
  3. Suggest tablet replacement for a Lenovo Yoga 2 8.022
  4. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...88

See more discussions