Groups

Wireless Modem Question!

Can anyone tell me if there is a limited number of internet connections that you can run off a bog standard wireless modem (Belkin 1212)? At present we have a PC, laptop and 360 running from it and would like to add another laptop, would there be a problem?

8 Comments

Is that a lappy for the bog as well then Bits??

Sorry hun - not a scoobie - need to ask the youngsters!

Original Poster

Rockhound;2264884

Is that a lappy for the bog as well then Bits??

I like to cover all eventualities! :whistling:

In theory, up to 254...

You can add another Laptop without causing any issues though, easily.

Original Poster

Browni;2264893

In theory, up to 254...You can add another Laptop without causing any … In theory, up to 254...You can add another Laptop without causing any issues though, easily.

short and sweet, but answers my question, thanks Browni:thumbsup: have some rep!

We've just had BT wireless and they told me we could have up to 5 laptops/ame consoles. Hope that helps x

I thought wireless was limited to 127 connections?

But regardless, your internet connection speed will probably the limiting factor before you get there.

yes, it will be fine but obviously the more devices you add (Taht are using internet bandwidth rather than just being networked) the slower each device will feel - in reality of course this may not even be noticeable...

Probably about 5 or 6, i know my orange wan is 6 :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846149
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?44
      3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2957
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764181

See more discussions