Wireless mouse that can be used for long range?

Found 11th Jul 2012
Hi guys and girls, I am looking for a wireless mouse that can be used for around 30 ft, would any one in here be kind enough to share theirs knowledge with me? Or any ideas on any that can be use for long range..

I will also like to ask whether if having a router in the same room, could it effect the wireless mouse in anyway? and what could be the best mouse to get to overcome this problem..

Hope to hear from you guys..

Thanks...

1. Misc
  2. Mouse
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Mouse
18 Comments

Why? At 20m you will barely see the screen let alone the pointer.

Original Poster

smellyonion

Why? At 20m you will barely see the screen let alone the pointer.

Hi smelly onion, I have recently connected my desktop up to my 50in tv.. Do you have any ideas?

20 meters thats 65ft...........think you will need a bionic eye to go with it (_;)

I use a cheap Trust one that works perfectly well in my 18ft living room.

amazon.co.uk/Tru…1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341993924&sr=8-1

I'm not sure if it will work in your 65ft long warehouse though, I have no way of testing it in my house

Edited by: "Predikuesi" 11th Jul 2012

Original Poster

Hi predikuesi, could you tell me if there are any signs of lags using your maximum range?

Original Poster

OldEnglish

20 meters thats 65ft...........think you will need a bionic eye to go … 20 meters thats 65ft...........think you will need a bionic eye to go with it (_;)

Mr clever, thank you for pointing this out.. As you can see in the message it says arounds 20meters, clearly you did not read it propertly.. X)
Edited by: "ohmy222" 11th Jul 2012

Your going to struggle to find a wireless mouse for that distance. why not tell people the set-up you want and ask for alternatives.

ohmy222

Mr clever, thank you for pointing this out.. As you can see in the … Mr clever, thank you for pointing this out.. As you can see in the message it says arounds 20m, clearly you did not read it propertly.. X)

m = miles? oO

Banned

ohmy222

Mr clever, thank you for pointing this out.. As you can see in the … Mr clever, thank you for pointing this out.. As you can see in the message it says arounds 20m, clearly you did not read it propertly.. X)

That's still around 65ft

ohmy222

Hi predikuesi, could you tell me if there are any signs of lags using … Hi predikuesi, could you tell me if there are any signs of lags using your maximum range?

Not that I am aware of. Everything seemed to function perfectly.

Original Poster

greatest666

That's still around 65ft

Yes.. I am afraid so.. It's might be a better idea if I move it closer, you have any idea which mouse could be used for long range?

I've just tested my Logitech M305 at around 50ft and it works well.

Original Poster

reddit

I've just tested my Logitech M305 at around 50ft and it works well.

Thank you for sharing this information, could you please tell me if there any any signs of lags in your testing?

ohmy222

Thank you for sharing this information, could you please tell me if there … Thank you for sharing this information, could you please tell me if there any any signs of lags in your testing?

No lags at all for me.

Do remember though that what works for one may not work for another because the signal strength can vary because of a number of factors that affect the quality of a wireless signal.

I can hardly see the pointer on my 60" screen at distance about 20ft so god knows what your up to!

Anyway get a USB entension cable and keep the receiver closer to you,

Or if you have a iOS device you can download a Logitech mouse and keyboard app which works on wifi??

ohmy222

Mr clever, thank you for pointing this out.. As you can see in the … Mr clever, thank you for pointing this out.. As you can see in the message it says arounds 20meters, clearly you did not read it propertly.. X)

am i missing something then OP?
20 meters is around 65ft......... that's a good distance
thanks never been called clever before

Original Poster

OldEnglish, Poor you.. There must be a reason why no one calls you clever, however I am happy to be the first person in your life to call you clever.. Well done.....

ohmy222

OldEnglish, Poor you.. There must be a reason why no one calls you … OldEnglish, Poor you.. There must be a reason why no one calls you clever, however I am happy to be the first person in your life to call you clever.. Well done.....

Op, why am I not surprised you missed the sarcasm in that post. You seem to have missed a lot of other points made in your thread asking for help and knowledge.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions