Groups
    EXPIRED

Wireless N router with 1gbps switch

Hello!

Wondering if anyone can help/recommend a router that has wireless "N" and also has 1gbps (1000mbps) network capabilities?

Also need to be reliable on the basics such as opening certain ports, assigning static IP address etc.

Looking to spend less then £100 ideally - obviously the cheaper the better but want quality.

Thanks!

6 Comments

i have one of these if its any good to you
    play.com/PC/…tml

still sealed as it is a replacement direct from belkin as they have a life time guarantee, £50 inc p&p

Original Poster

wickedteen

i have one of these if its any good to … i have one of these if its any good to you[url=http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/3273088/Belkin-F5D8231UK4-N1-Wireless-Router/Product.html]http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/3273088/Belkin-F5D8231UK4-N1-Wireless-Router/Product.html[/url]still sealed as it is a replacement direct from belkin as they have a life time guarantee, £50 inc p&p

Looks only to be 100mpbs

"Expansion / Connectivity

Interfaces
    LAN : 4 x 10Base-T/100Base-TX - RJ-45 , WAN : 1 x 10Base-T/100Base-TX - RJ-45 "

Thanks anyway!

Main Specifications
    Product Description: Belkin N1 Wireless Router - wireless router
    Device Type: Wireless router + 4-port switch (integrated)
    Form Factor: External
    Data Transfer Rate: 300 Mbps
    Frequency Band: 2.4 GHz
    Data Link Protocol: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n (draft)
    Network / Transport Protocol: TCP/IP, PPTP, UDP/IP, PPPoE
    Remote Management Protocol: HTTP
    Features: Firewall protection, DHCP support, NAT support, auto-negotiation, Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI), DoS attack prevention, dynamic DNS server, MAC address filtering, VPN passthrough, Access Point operational mode, firmware upgradable, SNTP support, MIMO technology
    Compliant Standards: IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n (draft)
    System Requirements: Linux, Apple MacOS 9.x, Apple MacOS 8.x, Apple MacOS X 10.x, Microsoft Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP
    Manufacturer Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
    Description

N1 Wireless Networking Based on the 802.11n draft, enables multiple receivers and transmitters to send and receive data through the air, using Intelligent MIMO (Multiple Input Multiple Output) spatial multiplexing techniques. The smart-antenna technology builds upon the widely deployed 802.11g standard by greatly increasing speed, range and faster speeds.

Providing greater range and faster speeds, N1 Wireless offers a quick and efficient way for people to distribute video, music, photos, and files among the networked computers in their home. The built-in Network Status Display shows the status of your network. The icons represent each component of your network and show you whether or not each device is working properly.

looks to be 300 Mbps

Edited by: "wickedteen" 10th Dec 2010

Have a look at the Edimax BR-6574n. It has won loads of awards and can be had on Amazon for £46.49. So for your £100 you could get two and network them together giving you loads of gigabit LAN ports in two locations. Detailed review here.

What ISP provider do you have? I have talktalk aand had lots of problems with different routers.

Two N belkin routers kept disconneting me from the internet. One Netgear one as well.

Finally I got the Netgear Dual Band DGND3300 and problem sorted.
    amazon.com/NET…B5O

This particular model has not got the Gigabit ports but I believe there is one model that do.

My only advice to you is get the router directly from a shop less hassle to change if you get trouble. I got my first one online and it tooks around 6 months before I sort my problem whilst sending and receiving replacements.

Have a look at DGN3500.

£94.99 @ Amazon.
    Edited by: "nomeames" 9th Dec 2010
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want some backless loafers for men44
      2. Phone "Upgrade"47
      3. Parcel Hero weight adjustment58
      4. Sportsmania.eu down. Any alternatives?2854

See more discussions