Wireless network adapter needed

9 replies
Found 3rd Jul 2009
I want a really good quality network adapter to get my desktop wireless any ideas which are the best ones to buy.

9 Comments

there all kind of the same really, i used to have a belkin one and that was fine.

+1

Yes, Belkin. I use an "N" version.

Original Poster

Are they the USB ones as I really don't have a clue as to wireless

bluebindy123;5655589

Are they the USB ones as I really don't have a clue as to wireless

There are types, USB dongle and PCMCIA (the second slots into the side of a laptop). Go for the USB one, it gets better reception.

This is the one I use, but you might get it cheaper

amazon.co.uk/Bel…8-1

Can you not just use a flat ethernet cable? It'll be much more reliable and much faster.

dxx;5655635

Can you not just use a flat ethernet cable? It'll be much more reliable … Can you not just use a flat ethernet cable? It'll be much more reliable and much faster.

I agree. This is what I use for my main PC, but I have to connect through HomePlugs, but use a dongle on my laptop so I can use it outdoors.

Original Poster

dxx;5655635

Can you not just use a flat ethernet cable? It'll be much more reliable … Can you not just use a flat ethernet cable? It'll be much more reliable and much faster.

My problem is that my main desktop is upstairs but I am having problems my line keeps dropping. The only thing I could think of doing is to make it wireless and move the router downstairs. If anyone has any good ideas before I spend a lot of money please advise me. I am really out of my depth on this one.

Get a set of HomePlug Adapters, they are plug and play, they work brilliantly, far better than wireless.

They work via your electrical circuit.

Original Poster

Bought some homeplugs cannot believe what a difference they have made. Now geting 6 meg all the time. Thanks to you all
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Has the amount of Apple fanboys increased on the site after the redesign?11
    2. Urgent help needed with travel agent56
    3. Submit Mobile Deals from Comparison sites22
    4. NEWBIE Help with a new laptop or PC please?!33

See more discussions