Expired

Wireless network adapter (USB) - Vista

6 replies
Found 26th Feb 2007
I've just upgraded from xp to vista only to find my trusty BT Voyager 1010 usb adapter isn't compatable and BT don't intend to release any drivers for it. I assume this is because it's a few years old and they would much rather I spent more of my hard-earned on a new product from them! Grrrrrr

So, here I am asking you good people the best deal on a replacement product. It's a reluctant purchase as there is nothing wrong with my Voyager 1010.

Any help appreciated.

7 Comments

Original Poster

schizoboy

http://www.dsldepot.co.uk/index.asp?idprodtype=3

Loving your work Schizoboy

I recommend the Linksys Linksys WUSB54GS
Mostly do the mini 3dBish aerial it has and my past use of it, long usb wire with it, blutacked/taped to the window = great for "borrowing" peoples wifi when away from home

schizoboy

I recommend the Linksys Linksys WUSB54GSMostly do the mini … I recommend the Linksys Linksys WUSB54GSMostly do the mini 3dBish aerial it has and my past use of it, long usb wire with it, blutacked/taped to the window = great for "borrowing" peoples wifi when away from home

wicked...shame everywhere I've been so far with my new lappy I've not found an unsecured wifi to poach off.

Unsecured is becoming more rare.

ubiquiti laptop pc card will let you "use" WEP networks by the way but is pricey, with a linux live cd to crack it, but this bordering on grey legal area, sooooo google is your friend ;-)

thanks for the advice schizoboy.

Original Poster

schizoboy

I recommend the Linksys Linksys WUSB54GSMostly do the mini … I recommend the Linksys Linksys WUSB54GSMostly do the mini 3dBish aerial it has and my past use of it, long usb wire with it, blutacked/taped to the window = great for "borrowing" peoples wifi when away from home

Ta muchly for the input. I checked at the Linksys website to confirm it will work with Vista. Received the reply in the affirmative and have therefore duly ordered one.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition75877
    2. Win a trip to Dublin, with Ireland.com via Classic FM23
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk88
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers55

See more discussions