Groups
    EXPIRED

Wireless Network Card

I'm after a wirless network card from my PC, so I can receive the interent connection from my wireless router.

I'd preferably like one from SCAN. I had a look on their website, but couldn't find what I needed, as I was unsure where to look/what to search for.

It also needs to be Vista compatible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7 Comments

Original Poster

Thanks very much Rep left.

Just wondering if anyone has used either of there?

]Belkin
    ]Netgear

I've used the Belkin one there, it's actually very good especially in comparison to the USB dongles. I had a few issues with the software to start with but that was due to a clash with another program I had on the PC rather than the Belkin software.

I the end I went back to good old Ethernet cables though as it's by far the best connection.

If you don't want to be wired in though I would recommend a PCI card over a USB dongle any day

Original Poster

I've gone for the Netgear one (as I'd ordered it just before reading your post). I have to be wireless, and the Belkin (according to reviews) struggles with WPA. Therefore, I chose the Netgear.

Thanks though

ScarboroughKID;2425914

I've gone for the Netgear one (as I'd ordered it just before reading your … I've gone for the Netgear one (as I'd ordered it just before reading your post). I have to be wireless, and the Belkin (according to reviews) struggles with WPA. Therefore, I chose the Netgear.Thanks though

No worries, good luck :thumbsup:

Veho usb wireless card is cheap and works fine with Vista.

scan.co.uk/Pro…545

Oh and it's also a today only special offer.......£7.04.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Looking for help/advice finding a weeks holiday in September please??56
      2. GAP Insurance Recommendations11
      3. Any discount for paultons park?22
      4. New Layout is Confusing: How to I navigate to specific items!?56

See more discussions