wireless network card thingies

7 replies
Found 11th Feb 2008
my laptop has a wireless pc card - like a credit card thing but bigger which slots into the side of the machine. Apparently cos its been knocked or dropped or something its cracked the motherboard. it all works ok until this card goes in so the techs at work suggested the wireless thingy that connected to the usb but when asking currys staff what i wanted they were completely useless. Does anyone know exactly what it is i need and where would be a good place to get one at a bargain price?
Many thanks

1. Misc
  2. Card
  3. PC
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Card
  3. PC
7 Comments

This kind? ebuyer.com/pro…527 might not be the bargain price you are looking for but it helps in your search.

Original Poster

thats the sort of thing i have at the moment. I want one to connect into the usb port which does the same thing

you have to be more specific here:

First, what do you mean by "... its cracked the motherboard". AFAIK if the motherboard is cracked your laptop would be as good as dead.
Or is it just the "credit-card" like device (the PCMCIA card) that has been cracked...

Secondly, are you looking for the replacement of your broken credit-card like thing (the PCMCIA card)?
Or are you looking a USB wireless adapter?

Thats what hes already got an it's broke his board try this:

ebuyer.com/pro…014

Aquatic;1567787

thats the sort of thing i have at the moment. I want one to connect into … thats the sort of thing i have at the moment. I want one to connect into the usb port which does the same thing

OK sorry you've answered all my Qs here...

try ]this link

this one is quite cheap from play:
play.com/PC/…bps

Original Poster

would this have all the encription i would need? im planning on taking my laptop when i go away later uin the week and was thinking of using it in the hotel or starbucks or even maccy d's but ive never done it before so am a bit wary!

please advise
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition59608
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions