Groups

Wireless networking advice: which channel?

I'm having some connection issues with my wireless router and I'm thinking that it could be because of conflicts with other neighbours wireless routers..

So, can anyone please take a look at this scan of the wireless networks in my area and recommend a wireless channel I can switch to becuase I'm a tad confused about which one would be best. Googling suggests 1, 6 or 11 are best because they don't overlap but none of these seem suitable as I (and other seemingly nearby neighbours) are already using channel 1 and the same goes for 6 and 11.. people are already using them..

Here's a screen shot of the scan I did with inSSIDer: img187.imageshack.us/img…png

Thanks in advance! :-)

4 Comments

Original Poster

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/900/wirelessnetworks.png

My network is the one at the very top.

Try to keep 1 clear channel in between your network and the others, ie: use channel 3.

3 overlaps with both channels 1 and 6 six though, there's no clear choices though so it's worth a shot.

John

Original Poster

SUMMONER;7211865

Try to keep 1 clear channel in between your network and the others, ie: … Try to keep 1 clear channel in between your network and the others, ie: use channel 3.

Johnmcl7;7211945

3 overlaps with both channels 1 and 6 six though, there's no clear … 3 overlaps with both channels 1 and 6 six though, there's no clear choices though so it's worth a shot.John

Will give 3 a go. Cheers guys, have left you both rep :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Gear best shipping?44
      2. Do you use a case on your iPhone?44
      3. Virgin Media TV56
      4. Tooth extraction99

See more discussions