Groups
    EXPIRED

Wireless PCI Card Please

Hi,
    was wondering whether anyone knows of the best deal on a wireless pci card, for a desktop. Needs to be 802.11g minimum.

The Abit Airpace card (with an antenna on a cable) is at Scan for £10, used to be able to get it for £8.

So, if you know where to get a cheap Wireless PCI card, then please post!

Thanks.

11 Comments

Original Poster

Bump. Anyone?

Thanks!

i have a brand new Belkin 'N' card (but its not vista 64bit compatible so i cant use it), £12+del

Original Poster

I ideally only need a G card, but I will keep your post in mind.

Thanks for your time. : )

Anyone else? Cheers.

]http//ww…8-2

Put these in a dozen machines I have got for friends family and the like. Most stable cards I can find. Even have a wireless n one in my desktop.

Original Poster

Thank you both for your posts. I saw the Amazon one and it looks quite good.

That Scan one was the one I had in mind too, but I need to spend £20 exc. VAT to get free shipping.

They're both very similar. Cheers again.

Perhaps I should start up a wanted thread. Anyone got a wireless PCI card?

Thanks.

Original Poster

It seems that I need a PCI card, which rules out the Scan offer.

Looking for a cheap wireless PCI card, what has everyone got?

dt_matthews;4884991

i have a brand new Belkin 'N' card (but its not vista 64bit compatible so … i have a brand new Belkin 'N' card (but its not vista 64bit compatible so i cant use it), £12+del

did you see my original post about a Belkin card I have going, I quote myself for your convenience, brilliant, that's a first. ;-)

Original Poster

Thanks for the offer. Ideally I was looking to spend less because I don't use N networks. I wanted to spend less than the £13 amazon one too.

Cheers for the offer however, I will keep it in mind. : )

Regards.

Jaz_0;4921277

Thanks for the offer. Ideally I was looking to spend less because I don't … Thanks for the offer. Ideally I was looking to spend less because I don't use N networks. I wanted to spend less than the £13 amazon one too.Cheers for the offer however, I will keep it in mind. : )Regards.

no worries & just let me know if you want it after all ;-)

Original Poster

^ Will do if I do decide to go with an 'N' one, thank you; tis appreciated. : )

Any other wireless PCI cards I should know about?

Cheers
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767204
      2. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1013
      3. word association Game73844474
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553782

See more discussions