Expired

wireless pci-e adapter for win 7

8 replies
Found 21st Nov 2009
hey people.. im looking for a good but cheap wireless pci-e adapter for my dell desktop 546, it has to be compatible with windows 7.
thanks guys

8 Comments

not many around in PCI-E

scan have one scan.co.uk/Pro…rst

I'm using one of these with no issues in windows 7 (has n wireless)

play.com/PC/…tml

Seems to have gone up from £17.99 from when I got it 13 months ago though

mikepegg;6966212

I'm using one of these with no issues in windows 7 (has n … I'm using one of these with no issues in windows 7 (has n wireless)http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/3475306/Edimax-EW-7728IN-PCI-Wireless-N-WiFi-Card-300mbps-802-11n/Product.htmlSeems to have gone up from £17.99 from when I got it 13 months ago though

PCI-E, thats pci mate.

oops, didn't see that. my bad.

Original Poster

i dont know. when i built my dell desktop i decided to leave the £30 adapter out (it's meant to be in the pci-e slot).. so i imagine thats where it should go..
would a pci adapter be any different?? whats the difference between pci and pci-e??

diabloortega;6980641

i dont know. when i built my dell desktop i decided to leave the £30 … i dont know. when i built my dell desktop i decided to leave the £30 adapter out (it's meant to be in the pci-e slot).. so i imagine thats where it should go..would a pci adapter be any different?? whats the difference between pci and pci-e??

Well pci-e is 16 times faster than regular pci, at least thats what i have derived from working on computers for ages. haha.

Pci is still fast though, and every modern mobo on the planet has a pci and a pci-e slot, so its up to you.

Original Poster

JkF50Well pci-e is 16 times faster than regular pci, at least thats what … JkF50Well pci-e is 16 times faster than regular pci, at least thats what i have derived from working on computers for ages. haha.Pci is still fast though, and every modern mobo on the planet has a pci and a pci-e slot, so its up to you.

thanks.. rep added
now i need to make sure its compatible with windows 7... most adapters I've seen are not very clear about it..
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. So it turns out Micheal Winner is a perverted git22
    2. word association Game74244940
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428914684
    4. Add one, leave one game54415486

See more discussions