Wireless printer

Posted 20th Nov
Hi all,

Hoping to get a wireless printer for our daughter for xmas on a black friday deal.
Can anyone suggest one under £60 to keep an eye out for and the major thing is compatible inks for it, so it will be cheaper to run.
I currently have a Epson wireless and i can by cheap ink off ebay for pennies compared to genuine ones, so looking towards same thing. The problem is, its an old printer i have and dont sell them anymore as i would of got the same.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
Buy hp and sign up to instant ink.
Printer under £60 with free ink for a few months then choose plan. Ours is £1.99pm.
Thinking of going up one as hitting limit every month with homework etc lately.
Only paying another £1. It's cheap and hassle free
Edited by: "wayners" 20th Nov
Do you think this is cost effective doing it this way?
Does it need to be colour? Keep an eye out for Samsung, Brother or Hp monochrome laser printers.
valleyboy2220/11/2019 08:37

Do you think this is cost effective doing it this way?

Have a look at old and new printer deals on here. Most of the comments are about the instant ink service. The majority are loving it.
As a genuine rule of thumb to me I've found, brother are the cheapest compatible, next cheapest Epson
Cost effective..yeah. Big time.
I got printer for £45 with nine months free ink as got lucky stacking codes, then pay £1.99pm. Cheap as chips.
Even the next plan which I'll change to at £3.49pm is still cheap.
How do get offer codes because that would be brilliant if I could.
£25 and free ink for max 15 pages per month for life; option for greater ppm at regular minimal monthly cost. Was £20 yesterday, so may drop back to that price on BF? currys.co.uk/gbu…tml
I've had a canon mg5250 for years and only now is it starting to show signs of issues (lines on photo and i've identified it as the black photo cartridge). I can still use it for normal everyday use and ive just bought 3 sets (15 inks) for £4 delivered and that will last me the whole of next year.

I've also got a Canon TS8051 for photos, i went for the older model as the inks are cheaper (£7 a set).

I recommend Canons however the most important thing is to research cost of inks rather than just looking at printers first.

If you can find a new Canon anywhere that still uses CLI526, PGI525 inks then it's going to be so cheap to run.
wayners20/11/2019 09:22

Cost effective..yeah. Big time. I got printer for £45 with nine months …Cost effective..yeah. Big time. I got printer for £45 with nine months free ink as got lucky stacking codes, then pay £1.99pm. Cheap as chips. Even the next plan which I'll change to at £3.49pm is still cheap.

Right. Hang on a minute mate. How did you get 9 months free? I want that too!
notalwaysright1920/11/2019 11:45

Right. Hang on a minute mate. How did you get 9 months free? I want that …Right. Hang on a minute mate. How did you get 9 months free? I want that too!

This deal I think? Was a while ago. One in August here for 12 months I see.
I used code with printer. 1 I found online. One from mate.
Just ask someone for code to get 1 month , like anyone. Wink wink..say no more...hotukdeals.com/deals/hp-envy-5546-home-photo-all-in-one-wireless-inkjet-printer-9-months-instant-ink-trial-6999-at-currys-2525761
Edited by: "wayners" 20th Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants