Groups
    EXPIRED

Wireless Router (ADSL) with USB ports

Does anyone have one to sell or can point me in the right direction please?

Thanks.

6 Comments

No such thing as far as I am aware, Routers are network devices, so have ethernet (RJ45 network) switches built in.

Only ADSL modems may have a USB connector.

yup you can get routers with USB built in. They are used with external USB hard drives (kinda a Makeshift NAS) and for connecting printers!!!

I know ASUS routers are good, and so r a couple of others. A general list is available on the ddwrt supported devices list. You can see which ones have USB.

Original Poster

unileeds;2786628

yup you can get routers with USB built in. They are used with external … yup you can get routers with USB built in. They are used with external USB hard drives (kinda a Makeshift NAS) and for connecting printers!!! I know ASUS routers are good, and so r a couple of others. A general list is available on the ddwrt supported devices list. You can see which ones have USB.

thanks, do you have a link to the list? I'll go searching now...

What do you want to use it for? You can get routers with USB ports for various functions like a file server using a USB hard drive and a print server using a USB printer but the router has to be specifically designed to support a certain type of peripheral so just having a USB port is no guarentee that it'll interact with the USB device you want to plug in.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves;2790221

What do you want to use it for? You can get routers with USB ports for … What do you want to use it for? You can get routers with USB ports for various functions like a file server using a USB hard drive and a print server using a USB printer but the router has to be specifically designed to support a certain type of peripheral so just having a USB port is no guarentee that it'll interact with the USB device you want to plug in.

I'm looking for one with a USB host process to add external HDD's
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk88
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card44
      3. WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO11
      4. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22

See more discussions