Found 5th Apr 2010
Hi all,

Ok so my adsl modem is a dlink 54mb at the moment which is located in the hallway on entrance. The attic room and my study stuggle to get a decent signal so instead of using the home plugs i was going to go for a wireless N modem/router. Any recommendations? I need one which covers as much area as possible.

Thanks

Jay

1. Misc
  2. Router
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Router
4 Comments

Jay
Check which channel you are receiving your signal from. Use something like inSSIDer to have a look who else is using that channel on each of your end points and then reset them accordingly.

If you're on Sky, you'll probably be set to channel 1 by default and then be contending with others around your area.

Not a better router, sorry, but it might save you a couple of quid if you don't need to change!

:thumbsup:

Cheers

- W1 -

Belkin n1 vision best one I'd recomend had the router from virgin got 20 percent signal down stairs bought belkin now get 68percent signal downstairs! Works great can have gf on facebook and play mw2. On ps3 with no lag both are wireless

Original Poster

TheJamesS;8296106

Belkin n1 vision best one I'd recomend had the router from virgin got 20 … Belkin n1 vision best one I'd recomend had the router from virgin got 20 percent signal down stairs bought belkin now get 68percent signal downstairs! Works great can have gf on facebook and play mw2. On ps3 with no lag both are wireless

cheers for that, its about £95 for the adsl version...going to get it this week :-)

hope you get this before you buy !

ebuyer.com/pro…749

79.99 on here good site used them before

cheaper still here

misco.co.uk/app…681

but not used this site before
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition75865
    2. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…99
    3. E: 22/09 (+6) Win £40,000, a BMW X4 and a Gadget Bundle with Good Morning B…88
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55

See more discussions