Groups
    EXPIRED

Wireless Router For Ntl

Hi all,

im looking for a wireless router on ntl 10mb and i want to connect a laptop, pc and my xbox 360 maybe even a ps3 when i get it what would be the best way and easiest way??

i dont have a adpater or a pci card for the laptop so any help is appreciated!cheers!

11 Comments

Hi Roadie,
    I use a 'Linksys WRT54GS' wireless router, also on Ntl 10mb. No problems setting up, we use a Mac Mini,iMac G4,2 Apple iBooks, a Macbook, a windows laptop, Nintendo Wii and 2 xbox 360's ...... thats 9 in total, all on the one wireless connection.

Just to support what Santfekuss, WRT + dd-wrt.com/ = powerful wireless router

Original Poster

Just to support what Santfekuss, WRT + ]http//ww…om/ = powerful wireless router :)#
    #
    i dont understand schizoboy?!

Original Poster

]http//ww…361

is this the router??
    do i need to buy an adapter for it?

Thats the one Roadie, I would'nt care, the adaptor was free around xmas time.
    Regarding adaptors,you'll need the xbox wireless adaptor, or, I use Belkin gaming adaptors on our 360's. For the PC & laptop, you can buy USB wireless cards pretty reasonable, or if you're computer savvy, for the PC you could fit an internal wireless card.

Hope this helps.

dd-wrt is a linux based software & OS for Linksys WRT and other routers.
    It's quite powerful, allows you to set far more options within the router, and actually allows you to boost the milliwatt rating to way past the default making it far more powerful

Original Poster

Belkin gaming adaptors on our 360's which model is it u know ??!
    i was going to buy that same one in xmas but was sold out!!

Banned

Agree - the Linksys WRT54GS works for me.
    I also refused to use the NTL set up CD - you can easily log in and activate your account WITHOUT adding loads of unnecessary NTL software you will never use or find better versions elsewhere.

TP1

Agree - the Linksys WRT54GS works for me.I also refused to use the NTL … Agree - the Linksys WRT54GS works for me.I also refused to use the NTL set up CD - you can easily log in and activate your account WITHOUT adding loads of unnecessary NTL software you will never use or find better versions elsewhere.

hotukdeals.com/for…156
    &

bitsum.com/ope…CFE

Hi Roadie,
    Cannot remember the model number, it was about £50 when we got ours (when you could'nt get the official xbox ones) but Belkin only do the one I believe. Square grey one with 2 little aeriels on the back

Original Poster

ah ryt cool if its about £50 then il probably get it using my amazon vouchers but at the mo im tryin2 get a router deal!thanks!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. French polisher out to smooth the floor11
      2. Help O2 wont repair my sony experia xz67
      3. Mcdonalds fizzy drinks not working57
      4. Any price history trackers for Currys / PCWorld?22

See more discussions