Groups
    EXPIRED

Wireless Router For Virgin Broadband

I've just been given a £50 credit by Virgin Media.

Any ideas what the best one I can get?

They recommended Netgear, but didn't know the model.

Are they pretty easy to set up?

9 Comments

you will need a Cable modem router, stay clear of the ADSL ones as it wont with with virgin media.

as for brand name, everyone has their preferences

im a Netgear guy myself, they have never failed me

this one is the same as mine, works a treat with wireless and xbox 360, PSP, DS, PDA (wireless) got plenty reviews: ebuyer.com/UK/…450

oh and i use it with my NTL (virgin 10mb broadband)

Original Poster

Thanks for the info bigup.

Any others worth considering with Virgin broadband before I order one?

I use a Linksys one with Virgin Media broadband, but it seems price isn't all that different now so maybe the Netgear one was a better bet...although you've probably already bought one by now anyway!!

netgear!

Linksys WRT54GL - that one specifically, as it means you can easily flash the firmware on it to replace the Linksys one with the dd-wrt firmware, and turn your £40 router into an enterprise-scale one. The other ones in the WRT54G range can be flashed too, but the more recent models are restricted in the amount of flash memory.

More info about dd-wrt: en.wikipedia.org/wik…WRT

you not considered the belkin range,how did you get a £50 free credit with VM.im with them

I believe it was a deal for ex-Telewest customers... I remember reading something about them giving either a discount or a wireless router away to customers. As I'm in an ex-NTL area, I didn't pay much attention to it.

so what would i have to say to VM to get this deal

carambar

I believe it was a deal for ex-Telewest customers... I remember reading … I believe it was a deal for ex-Telewest customers... I remember reading something about them giving either a discount or a wireless router away to customers. As I'm in an ex-NTL area, I didn't pay much attention to it.

Yes, when Virgin Media was Blueyonder we just phoned them up and they sent out a FREE netgear router. No catch or anything. It might be worth phoning them up and checking out if they still do it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. BT FIBRE EXISTING CUSTOMER44
      2. Virgin Media when moving house58
      3. Digital ps4 games11
      4. Android Box539
      5. Fitted Sheet55

See more discussions